Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Sep 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside or Dockside 2020?

Which would you choose and why?

I would choose the one with the easiest access to IDrive but not sure which one this would be?

There is a £3 difference in price.

Thanks in advance
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

both are equally positionned in regards to idrive
their entrances face each other

regarding the hotel, we visited Surside Inn last month

to make it simple, they took Cabana Bay Beach and they stripped it of everything that made it a cool hotel
pool is bland, counter service is appalling (we witnessed a poor guy waiting for a sandwich for over 15 minutes just because there was no one in the kitchen at 2pm ... even the starbucks received a limited inventory (I mean 5 items on beverage menu ...)
atmosphere : none

well, we did visit to try and decide if we would be booking there for our next trip or pay slightly more to stay at CBBR again ...
we had a night booked the next week to try it ... but as we exited the hotel to catch the shuttle back to citywalk, I cancelled that night on my phone

sometimes when you want a budget hotel ... you need to remember that there are even cheaper hotels on idrive, and they probably will deliver more than endless summer

sorry, this post is very negative, but we visited, and decided that, as I said above, that they did copy CBBR and take out everything that made it a hotel you like to stay at

if you're looking for a dormitory, and only need a bed to crash at and don't need any ammenity, then you might find this hotel is right for you ... until you realise you get the same bed for half the price a quarter mile down the road.

do yourself a favor, go for CBBR, at least you'll know what you've paid for ...

sorry, rant over.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I would agree that Cabana Bay is a better option but if you want to save the money, I think either would be fine. Personally i would choose Surfside as it will have been open long enough for the teething issues to be sorted out.

They are budget hotels. We had a look at Surfside and the lobby was nice, the pool looked fine and the bus service was excellent. You do get the perk of early opening so a better option than a comparable hotel on I Drive.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at Surfside for a week in August and it was lovely, we had the 2 bed suite and that was really nice, the only negative was there is not enough storage space, and no towel rail in the bathroom.
We didnt eat at the resort as too many options on I Drive, but we would definately return, we thought it was a great budget hotel.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
They are budget hotels. We had a look at Surfside and the lobby was nice, the pool looked fine and the bus service was excellent. You do get the perk of early opening so a better option than a comparable hotel on I Drive.
Pool - no swimming as max dept is 36"
Far cheaper budget options on I-Drive (sub £400 for 2 weeks!)

But the early access to the parks is a big plus
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies everyone.

We are a family of 5 so ideally would like 2 separate rooms which is why we were looking at Endless Summer Resort.

The early entry to Universal is a big plus for us as we will only be doing Universal next year.

Could anyone recommend anywhere on IDrive which has separate rooms?
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I have been considering whether to book either of them for next year. I was thinking Surfside as teething problems should be all sorted. We didn’t get a chance to look round but passed in the taxi. I love Cabana Bay so that was likely to be our choice. We had a look around Sapphire Falls and Aventura. My girls really fancy staying at Aventura but I didn’t quite get the love for it as I do for Cabana Bay. It’s nice to hear other opinions from those that have visited or stayed at Endless Summer. We don’t spend that much time in the room so it might be a good choice price wise!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Pool - no swimming as max dept is 36"
Far cheaper budget options on I-Drive (sub £400 for 2 weeks!)

But the early access to the parks is a big plus
The pool at Hard Rock is far too shallow as well. You can swim in it as long as you keep your knees up...

Anywhere that charges less than 30 pounds a night would be of concern - i presume you mean the likes of Monumental Movieland and the like, the reviews on Tripadvisor would put me off that one.

Rosen Inn across the road is normally about 40 quid a night, Endless Summer looks a similar standard to that but obviously is new and has a much bigger pool. In my view you are paying for the early access and the excellent bus service to Universal.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
The pool at Hard Rock is far too shallow as well. You can swim in it as long as you keep your knees up...

Anywhere that charges less than 30 pounds a night would be of concern - i presume you mean the likes of Monumental Movieland and the like, the reviews on Tripadvisor would put me off that one.

Rosen Inn across the road is normally about 40 quid a night, Endless Summer looks a similar standard to that but obviously is new and has a much bigger pool. In my view you are paying for the early access and the excellent bus service to Universal.
I found the HRH pool far too shallow as well- surprised more reviews don't mention ir
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List