Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I’m exactly the same OP, have been to Disney so many times including DLP and DLC and have always avoided TOT.
For me ,detonator at Thorpe park ruined drop towers for me so I have never tried TOT even though the rest of my family love it , even my 8 year old!
Can do any coaster so it’s mind boggling.
I’m in two minds about trying it at DLP in December as I really love guardians of the galaxy so have to ride the one at Disneyland California,I’m worried if I ride the one in Paris then I may not want to do cosmic rewind .. decisions... 😓
I’m fine with coasters too! Let me know if you manage to brave it in December and how it goes. Good luck 🤞🏻
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Ruining much of the magic...there are several drops, they are computer generated patterns, so you can't know until you do it exactly how many drops, how long or short they will be. It will be a mixture usually about 4/5 drops from memory. There is a bit , or two, where you stop, and a shutter window opens in the building so you can look out...waiting the drop - only a couple of seconds.

As someone else said, the lift is controlled going up and down, so there is no true drop. However, it is pulled down faster than you would naturally fall so you do rise up from your seat, as much as the lapbelt allows (like the pirate ship rides that swing back and forth from my childhood). There are handles on the seat sides so you can hold on to make yourself feel more secure.

You can always go in, see the theming, watch the pre ride bit, and then decide not to get into the elevator if you don't want too.
I can cope with pirate ship drops so maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m imagining? Thanks for the comparison 😊
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Until Flight of Passage opened, ToT was my favourite ride in WDW. It is fantastic, the theming is some of the best Disney has ever done, I love everything about it. On the last trip, my friend didn't want to do it as he's scared of heights. I hope he will try next year as really it's mostly in the dark.

The drops are more fun than scary, once you do it for the first time you realise that the fear of the ride was much worse than the ride itself. I've done it seven times in a row on a particularly low crowded day!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Until Flight of Passage opened, ToT was my favourite ride in WDW. It is fantastic, the theming is some of the best Disney has ever done, I love everything about it. On the last trip, my friend didn't want to do it as he's scared of heights. I hope he will try next year as really it's mostly in the dark.

The drops are more fun than scary, once you do it for the first time you realise that the fear of the ride was much worse than the ride itself. I've done it seven times in a row on a particularly low crowded day!
Flight of Passage is my favourite too ❤️❤️
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
How does it compare to the Jurassic Park drop?
Jurassic park is a steep sudden drop of 80 plus feet I think. Very intense but over fast, out into the daylight, and the rest is enjoyable.
For me TOT was only enjoyable for the pre ride area!
You rise off your seat, no danger of course at all, but I did not like that sensation.
Jurassic Park is one drop at the end and over. TOT has several.
Only you really know if you want to try this.
I had a couple of years not doing so, everyone telling me it was fine and I would enjoy it. Then when I did it made me realise I actually wasn't missing anything, so I that's one Fastpass i never have to worry about
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Little Green
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Lol you know that doesn’t fill me with confidence! How violent is the drop? Do you get lifted off your seat? Does your stomach lift into your mouth?
Er... yes!
Little Green is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Yup I was terrified of any drops like that.. until 2015. On the plane over we had terrible turbulence and the plane actually dropped A LOT! When we got to Hollywood studios my husband was like.. you just got off a plane that dropped massively... this is just a (controlled) ride... it made me realise he was right... got on tower of terror and have not looked back since! My favourite ride now along with all the other drop rides! 🤷
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never done it. I’ve queued several times for it and got to the end and had to leave by the chicken exit.
This year I’ve said I will go on The Hulk. I HATE heights/drops and I never do any coasters - I might not go through with it 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gemini157 View Post
Jurassic park is a steep sudden drop of 80 plus feet I think. Very intense but over fast, out into the daylight, and the rest is enjoyable.
For me TOT was only enjoyable for the pre ride area!
You rise off your seat, no danger of course at all, but I did not like that sensation.
Jurassic Park is one drop at the end and over. TOT has several.
Only you really know if you want to try this.
I had a couple of years not doing so, everyone telling me it was fine and I would enjoy it. Then when I did it made me realise I actually wasn't missing anything, so I that's one Fastpass i never have to worry about
I agree with this - I can cope with one-drop rides like Jurassic, Dudley do right and splash mountain but multi drops are not fun for me!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Ive been yrying to do falcons fury at busch since the day it opened,and we have been back every year since it opened, but we only go one day to busch, and it been closed every time, my wifey thinks i plan this😣 thats a lot of planning as we dont plan anything.
We did this in Aug never having done it before. Wasn't quite what I expected, the lean at the top...! Mind you, neither of us were wearing our glasses 🤣

However it was a bit of a let down really, only the 1 drop, not like Dr Doom at Universal.

As for Tower of Terror, love it! Your fear of heights shouldn't bother you as you're in the dark so you can see how high you are. (Except the opening door bit)
I love the tension that comes before the 1st drop, thrilling every time. Maybe ask not to sit in the front row.

Just remembered the our eldest DD rode Tower of Terror 8 times (maybe more) in a row! This was back in 2016 at a Villains Party. She was on her own so had the car to herself! The Photopass photos were hilarious with in different seats with different poses, 😂😂
Go for it and amaze yourself!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List