Old 15 Sep 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 16 - Hollywood Studios & H2Glow at Typhoon Lagoon

Index here

Saturday 24th August 2019

I woke up at 7.30am this morning, she had seen Brandon, he was all good and gone off to see his Dad.

Poppy was up at 9am and the others followed at 9.30am

There was no rush this morning as our FP for Hollywood Studios were not until the afternoon, and then it was Typhoon Lagoon at night for the H2Glow party, so a slow morning was in order.

Poppy had her bargain Star wars top on, and the staff she bought yesterday, she announced that she was no longer Poppy, she is now Rey and thats what we have to call her
Excuse the hair on the photo's, it was pre brush!

The first thing we did when we arrived was meet Olaf, 10min wait, we got there just before the line went huge, great result!

After this we wandered up to the Star wars launch bay for Chris to experience what he had missed when he was ill.

She was over the moon that all the cast members called her Rey all day!

Chewy was great, we were next in line to meet him and you stand just round the corner from the room so you can't see him, and without us realising he had come round the corner to get us, we jumped out of our skin when I looked up and saw him there, it was so funny!

I didn't want to be in these photos today, but Chewy made me come over and give him a hug anyway!

We had lunch at the Commisary again, it was absolutely packed today, mobile ordering was a god send, I was still intent on eating more sugar than I ever have in my life apparently , this is what I got

a sm'ores cookie.

Our FP time for toy story Mania was next, Chris beat us all! so much fun this ride. Next ride, Star Tours, I didn't fancy going on it again so I took a wander up by beauty and the best and went in all the shops, and what did I find?

DISNEY MONOPOLY! I have been looking for this for so long, I picked it up and put it down 3 times, $45 is a lot. But Monopoly is timeless isn't it - it's a family game and it's DISNEY! I thought to myself, I'll buy it in a few days if we have enough dollars left to do it.

Chris and the girls came up to meet me for our Beauty and the Beast FP and took this on the way which I love!

with us having FP for beauty and the beast we had seats right near the front and in the centre which was just perfect for me!

I really really LOVE this show, I haven't seen it for years either.

That was our afternoon in the Park done, we got home for about 5.30pm and Chris had a lie down for an hour.

We got to Typhoon Lagoon for 8pm. I was looking forward to this, as you all know I really don't like water parks but this was something different, less heat, less crowds, characters to meet so more for me hopefully!

We put our stuff down in Ketchakiddie Creek, Poppy had a little look around and then we went straight into the Lazy River, one I could actually enjoy tonight! less packed with people and sloooowwwww!

Miss Adventure falls was next, me on a slide! who'd have thought! I can cope with the family river raft typr rides!

Next up was the wave pool, Poppy lost her magic band in here but luckily it was handed straight to the lifeguard and we had it back within 10mins - brilliant!

We also had photos with all the Characters

Jess and Chris weren't with us for woody and Jessie, they were off doing the big slides.

Jessie was brilliant with Poppy, she was made up that Poppy had the same colour hair as her and also had it in a plait like she did!

Pops and I went back to the kiddlies area

she had a great time, there was a little slide with a ring she could sit in and go down on her own.

This was taken as we left the park at 11pm - brilliant night, and thats coming from me!

There was a beach party atmosphere, the DJ had great music on, they had all the kids up dancing and playing games. everything had no lines, to see those characters in Hollywood Studios, the lines are ridiculously long due to the sheer amount of people in Toy Story Land.

It was such good fun, we did take our snacks and drinks too, to keep the cost down.

SO glad we did this, it was the last party night of the season too.

Tomorrow is Celebration and Magic Kingdom and another one of my favourite days, was brilliant!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh where did you see the monopoly?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Ooh where did you see the monopoly?
I can’t remember the name of the shop sorry! They are all joined up and I walked up them inside, I did buy it in the end (of course! ) but not from Hollywood studios, it was from a shop in Epcot at the point where you go over to the world showcase 👍🏻

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Looks like a fab day and so sweet that all the SW characters were calling Poppy "Rey". That must have made her so happy

I bought the Disney Parks Monopoly as well. Its so gorgeous and I really love the castles instead of hotels I definitely enjoy playing it more than my kids do though LOL
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another fab day

Joan