Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Sep 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Car hire - it's been a while!

I know this is the sort of thing Mr Tom Morrow could answer with his eyes closed...

After a lot of umming and ahhing... I think I've decided to 'slim down' my car hire requirements (going to be on site at Universal 4 days, on site at Disney 6 days and then in a villa) to just the villa time.

My savings of resort/parking fee and car hire fees will significantly outweigh the uber/lyft fares I'll encounter (which I think I've narrowed down to: Airport/hotel and hotel/hotel runs, plus perhaps a quick trip from Universal to the International Premium Outlet and maybe a nearby restaurant).

Pricewise, because I'll be picking up from Dolphin Resort and dropping off at MCO, it's coming up much cheaper to book direct rather than through an agent... I do love Alamo and have always booked through their US site. At the moment, it's working out much better to book through the UK site.

I've had the 'variable fare' in the past, when it's dropped because the rate has dropped, I can't remember - do I need to 'pay now' or 'pay when I collect'?

And does it do it automatically, or do I need to manually request a 'price drop' if the prices do drop?

Thank you!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Me here!
What size car are you looking at, what price are you getting and the dates please.

I will look in the morning for you. However after 4 weeks away I need to watch the last season of the Sopranos.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Me here!
What size car are you looking at, what price are you getting and the dates please.

I will look in the morning for you. However after 4 weeks away I need to watch the last season of the Sopranos.
Don't bother, he dies.
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Don't bother, he dies.
Ha ha. Best thing I have watched this year is Boardwalk Empire. That was excellent

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Ha ha. Best thing I have watched this year is Boardwalk Empire. That was excellent
Tried couldn't get into it, loved the sapranos.
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Me here!

Hello! Welcome home! No massive hurry (although I think I remember you saying about 330 days out is the best time to buy, so now may be optimum!).

I’m not fussed about the size car, particularly (4 door, 3 bags min) but an intermediate SUV with Alamo (.co.uk) is coming up £325. Collect Dolphin at 2pm on 22nd August and return to MCO around 10am on 29th August. Just one driver, a few years (decades) over 25!

Thank you and enjoy the Sopranos!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Apart from 78p that's the same price as Brits. I will research more for you tomorrow

Edited at 09:02 PM.
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Thank you!

Just wondering, to get the ‘flexible’ rate, do I need to ‘pay now’ Or ‘pay later’ (or doesn’t it matter!)?

No reply needed today, enjoy your evening and thank you!
DLP DCR - 2009
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi. These are all Alamo and are based on an Int SUV albeit an Int Saloon is cheaper on some sites

Brits is £325
Andy who advertises on here is £207
VA stand alone hire is £227
Netflights is not quoting yet, will be a few weeks until they do
UScarhire is £202
USrentacar is £209 but awesome prices for a saloon.
Auto Europe is not quoting for Alamo yet which rules out the Dolphin. They will within a few weeks.

If it was me I would be getting a booking in with one of the three above and then checking daily to see if the price drops. But please re check as a Saloon can be a lot cheaper and for your party size is fine.

Old 17 Sep 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Hi. These are all Alamo and are based on an Int SUV albeit an Int Saloon is cheaper on some sites

Brits is £325
Andy who advertises on here is £207
VA stand alone hire is £227
Netflights is not quoting yet, will be a few weeks until they do
UScarhire is £202
USrentacar is £209 but awesome prices for a saloon.
Auto Europe is not quoting for Alamo yet which rules out the Dolphin. They will within a few weeks.

If it was me I would be getting a booking in with one of the three above and then checking daily to see if the price drops. But please re check as a Saloon can be a lot cheaper and for your party size is fine.
Thank you so much! USrentacar is coming up as no records found, which is why I discounted that, perhaps I need to check from my laptop. I’m happy with a saloon, never not had a (slight) upgrade with Alamo, but understand that may not happen picking up from the Dolphin.

Really appreciate your help.

One more question, when I’ve booked and see a cheaper price, what do I do, then? I’ve forgotten! 🤦🏻🤦🏻
DLP DCR - 2009