Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 3 - change of plan to a rest day

We were up at 5:45 today. Took a photo and posted it on FB to let the plebs at home know what a wonderful time we were having! It was still dark when we got up - lovely time of the day.

A bit of a boring day to report today as we decided to have a rest day and stay in the villa.

We had sausage muffins for breakfast.

Whilst we were sat there I noticed a big cockroach type creature on the netting so I made Paul get it with a glass. A squirrel kept running along the roof of our netting then went onto the one of the empty villa next door and a massive bird flew on there - I thought he was going to get the squirrel but I think he decided he was a bit too big for a meal.

Paul decided to walk to Publix as when we called in there the first day he thought he saw that Cheetos were Buy One Get One Free and he loves Cheetos. I only had $20 in cash so I gave him the Fairfx card and said to draw out $300 first. But when he was there he went into the store first and ended up buying the Cheetos with the Fairfx card then drawing the cash out.

He bought 10 packs of Cheetos so they had to get him a box!

I sent a message to my BFF who was also over in Florida and also staying on the US27, just the other side of the US192 to see what she was up to. She was going shopping for the day but said they would pop round after if they had time. I decided if that was the case we needed more wine in so me and Paul and went to Publix to pick up a ‘few bits’ which turned out to be $80 worth. Got a massive bottle of my favourite rose wine - 1.5 litres for $7.79 plus a large key lime pie, klondikes (bogof), and general snacks.

We spent the day by the pool just chilling which turned out to be a great day. BFF, her DH and DS came round and we ‘chewed the fat’ and had a few drinks. It was odd them visiting - just like at home as we only live 15 minutes walk from each other. They recommended the Florida Mall as we had not been there before and a shop called Hot Topic which they thought Beth would like.

Paul fancied fish and chips and noticed that there was an English bar/fish and chip shop on Berry Town Centre so after BFF had gone Paul and Beth went there. I gave them $45 in case they wanted anything else from Publix. When they came back the fish and chips were over $40! And the chips weren’t even nice chips although the fish was ok. Definitely wouldn’t go back there again.

Another bit of a boring day to report tomorrow as we are off to St Petes and an overnight stay at the Grand Plaza.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We were up at 5:45 today. Took a photo and posted it on FB to let the plebs at home know what a wonderful time we were having! It was still dark when we got up - lovely time of the day.

A bit of a boring day to report today as we decided to have a rest day and stay in the villa.

We had sausage muffins for breakfast.

Whilst we were sat there I noticed a big cockroach type creature on the netting so I made Paul get it with a glass. A squirrel kept running along the roof of our netting then went onto the one of the empty villa next door and a massive bird flew on there - I thought he was going to get the squirrel but I think he decided he was a bit too big for a meal.

Paul decided to walk to Publix as when we called in there the first day he thought he saw that Cheetos were Buy One Get One Free and he loves Cheetos. I only had $20 in cash so I gave him the Fairfx card and said to draw out $300 first. But when he was there he went into the store first and ended up buying the Cheetos with the Fairfx card then drawing the cash out.

He bought 10 packs of Cheetos so they had to get him a box!

I sent a message to my BFF who was also over in Florida and also staying on the US27, just the other side of the US192 to see what she was up to. She was going shopping for the day but said they would pop round after if they had time. I decided if that was the case we needed more wine in so me and Paul and went to Publix to pick up a ‘few bits’ which turned out to be $80 worth. Got a massive bottle of my favourite rose wine - 1.5 litres for $7.79 plus a large key lime pie, klondikes (bogof), and general snacks.

We spent the day by the pool just chilling which turned out to be a great day. BFF, her DH and DS came round and we ‘chewed the fat’ and had a few drinks. It was odd them visiting - just like at home as we only live 15 minutes walk from each other. They recommended the Florida Mall as we had not been there before and a shop called Hot Topic which they thought Beth would like.

Paul fancied fish and chips and noticed that there was an English bar/fish and chip shop on Berry Town Centre so after BFF had gone Paul and Beth went there. I gave them $45 in case they wanted anything else from Publix. When they came back the fish and chips were over $40! And the chips weren’t even nice chips although the fish was ok. Definitely wouldn’t go back there again.

Another bit of a boring day to report tomorrow as we are off to St Petes and an overnight stay at the Grand Plaza.
You can't beat a villa and a nice day of rest!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks lovely, not the cockroach!
Check out Culvers for amazing fish and chips. On the 192 just off the US 27.
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Looks lovely, not the cockroach!
Check out Culvers for amazing fish and chips. On the 192 just off the US 27.
We went passed there loads but though they just did burgers
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Another big fan of the Cheetos! When we were in the villa a couple of weeks ago, I got woken by a pain in the finger and woke up in the morning with a red mark and one of those cockroaches on the bathroom door, so can only presume it bit me, I didn’t know they could bite. Hubby soon got rid of it.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Love chilled out villa days, definitely a slower pace to onsite stays!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List