Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Sep 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Thanks Mick what times do the buses run to at night! I may just Uber it but we have always driven and parked at boardwalk before!
Sorry can't help with that - we're tucked up in the villa bed by 10.

Does this help?

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ransportation/

Mick

Edited at 08:39 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

I visited the Boardwalk last week. Just rocked up to the gate, said I was hoping to have a walk round the Boardwalk and an ice cream. ID asked for and shown and then directed by a very polite Disney security officer to where I could park. Have been going for strolls around the Boardwalk for as long as I can remember, I think the trick is to have your ID in your hand as soon as you drive up to the gate and that demonstrates you know the routine.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry can't help with that - we're tucked up in the villa bed by 10.

Does this help?

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ransportation/

Mick
Yes thats brill thankyou!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I’m glad you asked this question, because I thought I’d just be able to park up and walk around, as I’ve never been before.
I will have a look into this now.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
interesting idea, for sure, but if your initial concern was avoiding possibly large crowds by parking near international gateway, you also need to consider that, the skyliner may be used by those who stay at POP, AoA, or CBR, and that might be even busier (think lines)

walking out of EPCOT at the front gate after illuminations is rather painless, even if it's crowded.
it's slow moving, alright, but it's moving (compared to a line for a monorail, or skyliner for that matter) where it might be a standstill

the skyliner option sure sounds nice, if you want, for example, to leave your car at DHS
you'll get to take the skyliner up to International gateway

for the journey back to your car at DHS, if it's too busy at the skyliner, you still have the friendship boat option, or even the 25 minutes walk back to DHS

as far as I'm concerned, I'm not too hyped by the skyliner
I would just drive to epcot, show my DHS receipt at the toll plaza, to get free parking (you only pay once a day) and go the "regular" way

now, looking at your sig, and your pretrippie, I see you'll be with a 23 months old, so that means stroller.
I would go the path of least resistance, and exit epcot with the flow, to the front of the parc, so I'd definitely park at the EPCOT parking lot
The skyline will not take you between Epcot and DHS. There is already a boat for that.

I’d book an ADR at the Boardwalk and watch illuminations after.

Edited at 07:35 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The parking is linked to the hotel so not just for the Boardwalk. I think it depends what's going on at the resort. We've stayed there a few times and there have been times when there's been a convention or a wedding on and it's been difficult to find a space. There is an overflow car park for visitors where you will be directed if there is space but I think you have to go, but be prepared to be turned away.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The skyline will not take you between Epcot and DHS. There is already a boat for that.
oh, right. I forgot that would make a huge detour going through CBR. Thanks for raising that point

Totally agreed on the Boardwalk ADR, even though with around one week to go, that might be tricky for the OP
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I did look at the option of booking an ADR... there was one at ESPN at 6:35pm but to go to illuminations too would definitely take us over the 3 hour parking window

After all the great advice we are going to park in the main Epcot car park and just enter through the main entrance... it was worth considering other options but this definitely makes more sense! Thanks all!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

We were there 2 weeks ago and just parked at fantasia mini golf(free parking) which is right next to swan and dolphin, we then walked into the Boardwalk area in 5 min and on to international gateway

Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dynomikered View Post
We were there 2 weeks ago and just parked at fantasia mini golf(free parking) which is right next to swan and dolphin, we then walked into the Boardwalk area in 5 min and on to international gateway

Mike
I was just looking to see if anyone had suggested this, try boardwalk, if they say no park up at the golf.
We did the golf last year, then wandered over to Epcot and back late that night after Epcot closed. No issues (we did do the golf, but doubt anyone would notice if you didn’t.
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List