Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Last year we paid £1290 for 2A 1 C direct flights to Miami August 2nd to 22nd or 23rd with a car, including luggage and seat res.

Year before we paid just under £400 each to MCO indirect with Air Canada flew out August 12th for 2 weeks

I am lucky I work for myself so if I see a great price I can just book and dont need permission and can be as flexible as I like, I am also happy to fly to any Florida airport and if its cheaper to book a few days or a week either side (school holidays aside) I can. I think that I tend to forget that many people are not lucky enough to have this freedom.
We are like minds. Whilst I work for a company, I can generally get whatever leave I want and do it way in advance as I book my flights. Flexibility is most certainly the key (in my case , I will arrive anywhere in the USA that is on my bucket list and dual, triple or even many more centre the vacation).

Coming from West Cornwall, I am resigned to driving at least 5 hours and no more than 6.5.
I do not regard this as a restriction. I will get to wherever the best deal is. I look at how much I can save by travelling a certain distance as well as how many hours I will have to work to earn that money, pay tax and NI on it and then spend it.
So, I look at LHR, LGW, Birmingham and Manchester. I would even look at Newcastle if the deal was good enough. or Glasgow.
Preference is always LHR. In this way, I get good flight prices, even though I remain tied to the School Hols... for now.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:06 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

hi we have booked same date out as you 24/7 to 12/8 with BA Direct Gatwick to MCO £3503 direct with mid size suv car.
not amazing price but I do like how you can pay £350 deposit and the rest as and when you can. cheaper than thomas cook too which are usually cheapest i find direct.
thanks, Jon
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
hi we have booked same date out as you 24/7 to 12/8 with BA Direct Gatwick to MCO £3503 direct with mid size suv car.
not amazing price but I do like how you can pay £350 deposit and the rest as and when you can. cheaper than thomas cook too which are usually cheapest i find direct.
thanks, Jon
oh and thats also with 23kg each baggage
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
thanks, Jon
cheers

would need to be a really good deal for us to travel that far 5-6 hour drive each way. If BA did direct newcastle - gatwick i would consider it but we have to tx between heathrow & gatwick which again would have to be a great price for all that hassle
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

The rail fare to Gatwick via Kings Cross & St Pancras is reasonable if you have a railcard and book a soon as the cheap fares are released.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
The rail fare to Gatwick via Kings Cross & St Pancras is reasonable if you have a railcard and book a soon as the cheap fares are released.
newcastle - kings X is the deal breaker, even with railcard & booking on the day date released its nowhere near as cheap as virgin or east coast was no its ran by LNER

£38 each way is the norm opening price these days..

or did you mean from Heathrow? far too much hassle with bags etc
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
from what UK airport(s)? living in the north east we are restricted dont really want to drive all the way to say Gatwick but if its a good deal then i would consider it

with a reduced team & trying to give everyone a fair crack of the school six weeks im tied to these dates
We are 3-6 hours from LHR and 2-3 hours from Gatwick.

I would fly from Manchester if the deal was right I would not go as far as Glasgow or Newcastle unless it was a massive saving but I would do it. AS I have said I think that the flexability is key wheher its airport or dates without this sadly you have to be very lucky to get the best price.

We don't care direct indirect in in direct (but only going) overnight indirect anything.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Have you checked Air France? For your dates they have indirect Man _ ATL- MCO , same route on return for £487. This doesn't include bags but says you can add them on in the airport so may be worth looking at how much that would cost? But suŕe I read on another thread it was about £88 per bag both ways so would bring it up to £575

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Wereallmadhere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List