Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Travel day

After a very stressful few weeks we are sitting in departures at Edinburgh airport waiting for our first flight to Dublin and then on to Orlando😊.
I’m totally dazed and can’t actually believe we have made it! I’m not sure how many people saw my last post about possibly cancelling but we felt things at home were as stable as they could be and have taken the plunge!
My Mum was taken into hospital last week and had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. The whole thing has been awful and made worse by the fact she has dementia, my auntie is one of her Powers of attorney and wants her to go straight to a nursing home from hospital! My mum has been declining but only last week started to get carers to help her remember medications and is generally doing really well! Still cutting her own grass, having friends over for drinks, visiting my daughter daily and going for long walks! My aunt is so old fashioned and can’t be bother with my mum, it’s the last thing my mum wants! I work with dementia patients and know it’s way too soon for nursing home (unless my mum had wanted it). It’s been a nightmare!
I’m also trying to move job and HR have been incredibly slow with paperwork, it’s just added to the stress! I was supposed to start on 7th October but have missed that cut off point now😡
Anyway until last night we weren’t sure we were going so the holiday feeling is not with me, hopefully when I feel the Florida sun I will feel happier!
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

You sound like you need a holiday. Try and enjoy it
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and manage to get some respite from the stresses of home xx

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Wishing you a lovely holiday.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks you, I still feel very guilty leaving mum but have got my brother (also power of attorney) and my grown up children checking on things.
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Thanks you, I still feel very guilty leaving mum but have got my brother (also power of attorney) and my grown up children checking on things.
The rest will do you good and help you be strong for your mum.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Have a wonderful holiday xx
Old 19 Sep 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

As I write you will be flying over the pond 😊 I’m sure your family will do you proud and please don’t feel guilty, go and enjoy your holiday, you certainly sound like you need a break
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Thank you everyone😊.

Travel day started out okay, up at 6:30am which is a long lie in our house😊. Taxi booked for 8am which arrived on time and got us to the airport in plenty of time. I’d eventually managed to do online check in with Aer Lingus. I’d selected seats together when we booked but at online check in it had split us up😡. One in row 7 one in row 14 with no option to change. The mobile board cards were strange in the iPhone wallet we were down as split up but on the aer Lingus website boarding pass we were in our original seats. No one to ask at check in so obviously I’m going to go with the website👍 Through Edinburgh airport security in about 5 minutes, it’s all going too well! Costa and a wander around but didn’t buy anything.
Boarded the plan no issue and then someone wanted our seats, I showed the boarding pass and staff couldn’t understand it. I think the guy wasn’t happy but him ended up with a row to himself instead of being squashed next to DH!
Landed on time in Dublin and straight through immigration and security again really quickly and then waited for the next part of our journey.
The main flight was very long, aer Lingus are not very generous with drinks. Only 1 drinks round and if you wanted alcohol with the meal it had to be bought at that time. The meal was okay but again I think they are trying to dehydrate everyone. An 86ml thimble full of water and a coffee that wouldn’t class as a cup! Then nothing else to drink until another teeny tiny coffee/tea an hour before landing!
Landed early and waited for luggage, DHs arrived but mine did not😢. Filled out a baggage claim feeling very deflated and a bit down! I still wasn’t feeling the excitement and felt like someone was trying to tell me I wouldn’t really be on holiday!
35min wait for DME and arrived at check in. We are staying at Saratoga Springs and request grandstand, higher floor which is exactly what we got😊

Now I need to try and get something to wear and some shoes which is a bit a downer and eats into holiday time. I’d bought lots of new clothes and I’ve got a bad feeling that my case is not going to appear! The aer Lingus tracker states it’s still being tracked😟.
Not very relaxing so far, especially after the stressful time we have been home!

Edited at 11:57 AM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Not a great start especially when you were feeling so stressed to begin with but fingers crossed your luggage will be with you soon, have the airline given you any info as to where it is?
I hope you have a good holiday, I know it is hard to relax and enjoy the moment when things are not exactly 100% at home but sometimes a wee break helps to renew your strength.
Best wishes x
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List