Old 18 Feb 09, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by elliemay View Post
Id go with axa, my mil has just had a heart stent put in last July and flew out to florida in sept. She had been quoted upto a ridiculous £3000 from one insurer, then went to axa on another matter and happend to ask did they do holiday insurance and they said yes she explained her illnesses and the stent and they said fine its a bit dear £120 ok, she paid it there and then
Fab thanks as this is something i need to get cover for, for my father in law and was gettin ridiculous quotes too.

Will give them a try, can i just say brill thread.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 09, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Well I am just off the phone to Free Spirit too and they want £955.55 for my father in law for a single trip. He has had 1 heart attack and a stroke. Heart attack back in 1995 and no surgeries or problems. Stroke in 2002 and also no problems.

So no thank you Free Sprirt.

I called Tesco and they won't touch him with those ailments so I just got a quote from Axa as recommended on a previous post. £240 and that includes my nother in law on there too and all conditions covered.

Waiting for FIL to come in and then decide but I am guessing he will say yes.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 09, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I got my mums insurance through Staysure, which caters for the older person. She has athritis and blood pressure problems and got covered for £90 14 day single trip to florida. You can get a quote online.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 09, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I've used PJ Harman for insurance and I have Type 2 diabetes.
Old 19 Feb 09, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I use Nationwide - they cover me for all my conditions (inflammable arthritis, ulcerative colitis, type 1 diabetes, under active thyroid, lupus). I take out an annual policy and it's about £90. I did have to go for a medical though due to my being on oral steroids, but once my Doctor gave a good report of my conditions needing steroids they agreed to cover me.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 09, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto-paul
Imagineer

Found a couple of insurance companies who accepted my MIL who is 74 yrs of age and has Angina/Blood Preassure/Thyroid
And taking medication for them.

FORTIS INSURANCE quoted £238
tel# 0844 5577426

COLUMBUS DIRECT quoted £203
tel# 0870 0339988

ttfn
paul

1999 comfort inn 2001 ASM
2002 & 2004 Nikki Bird
2009 Hawthorn Suites 2012 Embassy suites
2014 Rosen inn Point Orlando
pluto-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just gotten travel insurance for Beth and i through pulse-insurance. They have covered her for her epilepsy. It was £256.94 for 3 weeks for the two of us. Not a bad price for peace of mind.
Old 3 Mar 09, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

our friends parents who are both over 70 went to florida last year, but thought they wouldnt be able to as they had quotes of over £3000. ! Both has needed small unexpected heart ops earlier in the year, anyway they went via axa and got quotes of just over £140 each so they paid on the spot
Old 4 Mar 09, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto-paul
Imagineer

I thought Columbus was an ok price until i found this one
staysure/travelinsu...orks&utm_term=[staysure+travel+insurance]

I paid £168 for their comprehensive policy and that was with pre existing medical conditions such as Angina/Blood Preasure and Thyroid

1999 comfort inn 2001 ASM
2002 & 2004 Nikki Bird
2009 Hawthorn Suites 2012 Embassy suites
2014 Rosen inn Point Orlando
pluto-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 09, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

Just to let everyone know that I obtained *free* annual, worldwide travel insurance, including cover for my asthma (mild) and DS' pre-existing conditions, without an additional premium, by taking an add-on to my current account.

We're with First Direct, and the product is called "First Directory", there are other benefits also; the cost is £9.95 per month, minimum 12 months term, with a special offer of first 3 months free. £10m medical cover and £50 excess pp

So the insurance has cost me £89.10, paid monthly, and I get some other benefits too, although I wouldn't have been interested in the First Directory if it hadn't been for the travel insurance.

HTH someone
Anne

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
medical conditions, special needs, travel insurance