Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Nov 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DebR
Earning More Ears

Another solo holiday at All Star Sports Pre-trip Report

Welcome to my trip report for my next holiday. My name is Debbie and I am in my 50's so possibly older than many posters on here. I have been to Disney 11 times (I think). Most of those were solo.

I will be leaving on Wednesday for my next solo trip staying at the All Star Sports Resort. Some of you may remember my attempt at a trip report in Nov/Dec 2015 staying at All Star Movies where I only got to day 1. Last Nov/Dec I went again staying at All Star Sports but didn't attempt a report. This year I am again staying at All Star Sports, mainly because it was the cheapest.

I will be flying from Gatwick on Wednesday 6th Nov with Virgin and leaving on 15th Nov with Delta, via Atlanta, to Heathrow. I live very near to Heathrow but am worried about taking an indirect flight.

I will be staying at the Bloc hotel the night before as it just stops me getting stressed on the morning. If you read my previous trip report you know that my parents drove me to the airport in 2015 but last year I got a bus from Heathrow as I didn't want my dad to have to drive (although both my mum and dad loved the airport). I was worried that my dad would be hurt that I hadn't asked him but my mum said he was secretly relieved. This year was going to be the same and my mum had said they would pick me up from Heathrow as it is so close. Sadly though my mum died unexpectedly at the end of July, this has been very hard for all of us but especially for my dad. I go in to see him most days and am trying not to worry about him while I am gone. I do have 2 brothers and a sister thought who go in to see him and he lives in sheltered accommodation surrounded by lots of other retired people who keep an eye on him.

I will be working tomorrow but have Tuesday off and I am so excited. I still have quite a lot to do.

Edited at 09:56 AM.
DebR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I'll be following along!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Not long now! . Loved All Star Sports when DD and I were there in September. Happy holiday.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have a wonderful time
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi did you do a trip report for this trip?