Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jan 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

For me it’s part of the holiday
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

I love it, MrsIndiana dreads it...

She's not a good flier, and piloting was one of my youth aspirations, alas didn't come to fruition. Oh well.

Take off, landing, awesome... Bit in the middle is a combo of films, anticipating the hols with Tyke, and making sure the missus is okay.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I love going on holiday but hate the flying bit. I am not good at doing nothing and I can’t concentrate on the films I get myself so worked up beforehand, I dream about the flight for several weeks before. It is the point where I could still get off which is the worst. Four hours on the runway at JFK was torture !

The way I’m feeling just now though I think I could put up with it !
Totally with you. Love holidays but the flying bit of it I find really stressful, particularly the anticipation. I’m much better when we’ve taken off. I can’t concentrate and am too worked up usually to sleep. It’s odd because I love the idea of planes and airports and even love going to watch planes take off, as long as I’m not having to fly. I wish I felt differently. Reading all the posts on the thread makes me wish I could get to that place where it was part of the holiday. I’ve tried to address the fears and some flights are better than others, but I’m not sure I’ll ever be truly comfortable.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDAMUM3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I love the flight over as it means we have the whole holiday to look forward to. We often stay in a hotel the night before so that sets us up in holiday mode from the day before.
Old 1 Feb 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
Totally with you. Love holidays but the flying bit of it I find really stressful, particularly the anticipation. I’m much better when we’ve taken off. I can’t concentrate and am too worked up usually to sleep. It’s odd because I love the idea of planes and airports and even love going to watch planes take off, as long as I’m not having to fly.
I'm sort of like that.

I get stressed and anxious in the days and hours leading up to a holiday, I can't sleep beforehand, and whilst I'm in the airport I worry that I might have forgotten something or not booked all the right things.

However, after the plane has taken off and levelled off, I tend to relax. There's nothing I can do from that point. I just have to sit there for another 8 hours doing very little. So I tend to enjoy the plane ride over, watching films and eating food.

Of course, once we start our descent for landing, then I start to worry again, and get anxious that our luggage might have been lost or security might be a nightmare (or whatever).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I love pre-travel & travel day loads.
Old 1 Feb 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so jealous of all you people that enjoy the flight. I used to be like that when I was younger - the flight was part of the holiday, even coming home. Now, I absolutely hate it - like somebody else said, I'm in and out the toilet before we board and the whole time I'm on the plane I'm on edge thinking the plane's going to crash any minute Once the plane touches down I can feel the relief come over me and then I'm so excited for the holiday.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Its ok, I think its turbulance that makes me think the sky is falling
I travel with dh and four kids and its getting alot easier least its ipads etc now and not 15 million little things to keep them busy

I still dont get to watch a full movie lol
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I look forward to it. I have a list of the films and I have already made my choices. A new paperback as a last resort. I have sweets, crisps, biscuits and a pack of sandwiches just in case I don't like the food choices.