Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Sick of being called deluded and crazy

Everyone i know and ive even seen it on here have called me either crazy or deluded for continuing to plan for my september 2021 holiday to orlando. Its really starting to wind me up now.. yes I am fully aware it may well not go ahead but honestly whats the problem with me having a bit of positivity and hoping it may go ahead. If it doesn't then there's no harm done, yes I will be disappointed but il just plan for 6 months later. Im just not ready to give up hope just yet and in all honesty its keeping me going through these times having something good to look forward to and I'm loving planning it and buying things we will need. If we don't go il be fully prepared for when we do get to go. Just wish people would keep there comments to themselves or at least not say nasty things.
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

We have had a few people put us down too its so annoying, just enjoy your planning and stay positive!
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I'm booked for June. Yes this June. We shall see.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Go for it - and if I get there in July then you will get there in September. I know it might not happen, but no point in cancelling flights - might as well wait until they cancel. Just think how stupid all the naysayers will feel if we get there!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What I've said to a few similar posts these last few months.

If they are deliberately offensive to you just report them and they will be dealt with. Then add them to your ignore list and you won't see their posts in future.

Don't engage with them as that simply gives the keyboard warriors more fuel for more offensive posts. They are simply cowards who'd run a mile if you asked to discuss things face to face

Mick
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Ignore the negativity. The fact is that at this moment in time, no one knows what the future holds. Probably not even Boris himself. If planning makes you happy, then continue to plan. We are booked for the 23rd July. Normally, I’d be on my 4th itinerary by now but having all our plans cancelled last year, I don’t have the heart. I was joking earlier with DH that I’ll be planning everything on the plane this time instead. I really hope you get to go on holiday. 💗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’m booked for August. I was sure it would be ok. Then sure it would be cancelled. Now I really don’t know.

I’m not committing any more money until I know more but I still think there is a 50/50 chance we will get to go.

It’s really noone else’s business. Just do what you feel comfortable doing.

Edited at 09:01 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

As long as you can move or cancel without losing out, what’s the harm?

We have Japan booked for November and have our doubts, but at worst we will postpone a year (again) and have more time to save up.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Dad Vader
Earning More Ears

We booked in April 2020 for Sept - Oct 2021 for the 50th Anniversary. We're still planning for going this year. Bring on the fun :-) If it's this year or next we will be there. Yes we're in a pandemic but nothing wrong being optimistic and being aware that hopefully it goes ahead this year.
Dad Vader is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

If your deluded I’m even more so! As we go in August. I’m fully expecting to go and already have my vacation planner sorted.

Can’t wait to stick my fingers up at covid and chink my fizzy wine to all the spoilsports whilst flying over the Atlantic. 😂🤞🏼😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List