Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

You can sometimes get sprite zero in the Disney parks but after that it tends to be diet coke or water.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

The"Light" version of Minute Maid Lemonade also seems to be fairly available. It's about 5-10g of carbs per serving. This is one I would struggle to tell the difference with though. I can tell Coke vs Diet Coke pretty easily. The Coke freestyle machines are great, although with some of the wacky flavours there is no way I could be sure they were diet. I decided to take the chance though, as in over 30 years with diabetes, I've only ever been served the wrong thing about half a dozen times.

Urine dipsticks work well to test though if you are unsure. You can buy diastix online.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always end up with water as I don't like fizzy drinks so there's not usually any choice for me. I don't mind the minute maid light but last time I had it I think they'd changed the recipe as it left a horrible aftertaste.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
I always end up with water as I don't like fizzy drinks so there's not usually any choice for me. I don't mind the minute maid light but last time I had it I think they'd changed the recipe as it left a horrible aftertaste.
There is flavoured and unflavoured unsweetened ice tea everywhere in Florida but no one on the DIBB seems to have even tried it! My British husband first tried it in 1990 and had drunk it ever since. He hates unhealthy fizzy drinks and isn't keen on the taste of the tap water but finds unsweetened ice tea perfect in the heat.
Old 25 May 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all.

I drink loads of water daily but sometimes at meals I like a change and don't always want Diet Coke. I'd forgotten about the coke freestyle machines at Universal and unsweetened ice tea is a good shout as I love it!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Look for the Zero versions rather than Diet. They taste better and don't have the nasties in them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I don't drink anything but sugar free stuff and struggled in the parks but I've found there sugar free water enhancers as they call it ie the Robinsons Squashed stuff much better band aspartamine free and tastes better just get bottled water and add drops or order club soda which has free refills in most places and add the enhancer stuff
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Not bothered about the squash, flavour enhancers as I'm perfectly happy with plain water most of the time but occasionally like a soda.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Look for the Zero versions rather than Diet. They taste better and don't have the nasties in them.
I disagree that they don't have nasties in them (though depends on your definition of nasties, I guess!) Sprite Zero has aspartame which, although I'm perfectly happy to drink it, is a very controversial artificial sweetener. I do agree that they taste better though - I much prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread