Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Apr 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

March 2017 (25th Anniversary Trip): Day 2 – Walt Disney Studios & Lunch with a Rat!

Tuesday 28th March
15,491 Steps (31,891 Steps Total)
6.35 Miles (13.08 Miles Total)

After another later night we didn’t rush too much this morning either. We decided to get organised before we went for breakfast so we could leave straight after to get to the parks so we got dressed and sorted our vouchers. We were directed to eat in Providence again which was the same as yesterday but we were seated nice and quickly and enjoyed it. We didn’t have to much as we knew we had steak to eat at lunchtime!

It was another lovely day on our walk to the village. The plan this morning was to meet my sister, niece and nephew at the entrance to the Studios at 9.30am so we could head straight to Crush’s Coaster once we went in. We had thought we may head into the park for EMH first but decided against it due to the time and we went for a look in the World of Disney store instead. I was looking for the 25th anniversary autograph books for the kids so my mum said she would buy all four of them for them. I picked up a 25th anniversary pen to go with the book and the Newport Bay pin I wanted. (I had got the Santa Fe one the year before so was excited I could add another to my collection that I hadn’t expected.) I also had my eye on the 25th anniversary tinkerbell tsum tsum so bought that when I saw it at the counter as she wasn’t with the other tsum tsum’s and I knew the hotel didn’t have any. I charged it all back to our room.

Shopping done for now we joined the queue waiting to get in to the Studios just before 9.30am and heard the family getting to open the park. We went in and waited just inside for my sister. It wasn’t long until they arrived and we went straight for Crush. Holden and Eden couldn’t go on so my parents took them round to see if they could get fastpasses for Ratatouille while we both rode with my sister, niece and nephew. Ratatouille had been down so they took them on slinky then the cars before they came back to wait for us. Think we had to queue for around 40 minutes as were out by 10.40am which was less than we had ever seen the queue before so it was worth doing first thing. We had an odd number so I sat with Enzo with my sister and niece behind and Graham went on his own. We all loved it, it’s such a good ride. We got fastpassses for Ratatouille this afternoon at some point.

Next up was the flying carpets since we could all go on it. Eden loved it and kept saying more more when we got her off.

The queue didn’t look too bad for the tower of terror now and the kids were desperate to try it for the first time. My parents aren’t too keen on it so they stayed with Eden again while the rest of it joined the queue. We only had to wait about 20 mins and with Holden only just being tall enough, he was again measured a couple of times. The cast member then took him off on his own to be the first in the queue to go into the room. My nephew wasn’t sure what to think. This is one of my favourite rides but Holden did not share my enthusiasm – I’m not entirely sure we had really explained what would happen but he was happy he had done but won’t do it again in a hurry! We got the photo added on the way out so we could show he had done it.

We met my parents outside with Eden then started heading towards Toy Story land and managed a quick go on Slinky.

We had our lunch reservation at Chez Remy at 1pm and we knew we couldn’t be late after yesterday. We checked in then had to wait a few minutes for our table. Once inside they weren’t in any hurry to serve us. We all absolutely loved it inside. The theming was perfect and we all enjoyed our food. There was an extra choice of soup for both the adults and kid’s menu’s which both Graham and Holden had. The kids just shared the meal again as there was plenty of the chicken and chips for them both, especially after the soup and bread. They got a dessert too which was also plenty to share. We just had the 2-course menu as we knew were having another buffet for dinner and like Café Mickey there was no requirement to have full 3 courses even though we had vouchers. The top up ended up being a lot less than we had planned for which was good but as it turned out there was a problem with their paying system and we didn’t actually get the charge put on our room account. We hung around for 10 minutes or so while they tried to sort it out but they had eventually told us to leave as they thought it had all gone through, albeit without any receipt. If we ever return we would definitely eat there again.

My sister hadn’t been able to get a reservation so they had eaten elsewhere then we met them round at the parachute drop ride. Holden ran to catch up with them in the queue and we joined at the back with Eden. We weren’t sure how she would be on it so thought it would be best if she was in-between us both. We didn’t have to queue too long then it was our turn. She didn’t mind going up and looking around but wasn’t keen on the drops. The girl on the opposite parachute was giggling at her face.

Next up was Ratatouille with our fastpasses which were valid from 3.30-4pm. We all enjoyed it again and Eden seemed to more than she had the previous year.

We knew the last showing of Mickey and the Magician was at 4.40pm so we had time for a quick go on the cars ride first as there was barely any queue.

We were near the front of the queuing area for the show but didn’t have too long to wait until we were let in and found seats right in the middle about half way back. We were all really impressed with the show and the kids loved it.

Afterwards, rock n roller coaster was showing only a 10-minute wait so we took our nephew Enzo with my sister while my parents stayed with the other 3. He was desperate to try a proper upside down roller coaster. He loved it and we all enjoyed it again too. We added the photo on the way out.

With that done we were finished for the day as the studios was about to close. We hadn’t done any character meets today as the kids were more interested in getting the rides done instead. We did see Jack Sparrow, Goofy, Sulley, Buzz and Mickey as we were passing their meets.

We had a reservation at Billy Bob’s for 6.30pm so we made our way through the village and were glad to get a seat. This was another buffet we all enjoyed and I liked the fajitas and chilli for a change. There was a lot of choice for dessert too. After dinner, we all made our way back to our hotel as my mum had brought a bottle of wine from home for us to share. After we had had a drink and chat, the kids were all exhausted and needed to get to bed. Instead of walking back through the village to their shuttle stop they were able to catch the shuttle from the Newport Bay and swap to their one which didn’t take long at all.

My parents kept Holden to stay in their room again and we all went to bed quite soon after, ready to attempt to do extra magic hours in the main park tomorrow.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Chez remy looks amazing I can't wait to try it xxx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Emma1987BTL View Post
Chez remy looks amazing I can't wait to try it xxx
Yeah it was one of our favourites along with Cape Cod. The theming is just brilliant then we did the ride afterwards.
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Chez Remy is on our list to do too.
Loving your report and your photos are great!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Chez Remy is on our list to do too.
Loving your report and your photos are great!
Thank you. Yeah I would definitely recommend Chez Remy. x