Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 10 May 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had excellent service from them so don't panic if you have booked with them. We had no difficulties in getting in touch with them either. Our scooter was delivered to our villa before we arrived and collected after we left.

Sorry to hear you've had problems, I hope you get it sorted quickly.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunny Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Just wanted to put people's mind at rest who has already booked with these,s.They arrived yesterday at 5:30 scooter looks ok.
Old 11 May 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunny Florida View Post
Just wanted to put people's mind at rest who has already booked with these,s.They arrived yesterday at 5:30 scooter looks ok.
Good to hear, have a great holiday.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunny Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Just wanted to update you on the scooter.I used it yesterday in Universal for less than an hour and the battery completely failed.My husband had to knock it out of gear and push me all the way to the car.So if anyone has booked with them Please think twice.
Old 11 May 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I hired my first scooter from them. It didn't start well when the girl taking my payment - in full - over the phone only told me after she'd charged my card that it was non-refundable. Surely there should be laws against people doing this.

Once out in Florida they never answered their phone - it was always on answerphone. They brought me a scooter which looked as if it had been through a rock tumbler it was so scratched. Not good condition and the front wheel rubbed. That said, the batteries lasted all day and I just charged it overnight.

However, it died in a torrential thunderstorm, even though I'd put a carrier bag over the tiller and was wearing a rain cape. They failed to tell me about the reset button, and when it died we lost 40 minutes and were consequently extremely late for our ADR at Coral Reef. Disney CMs were extremely helpful and a couple of young chaps on a scavenger hunt took the scooter to the UK pavilion for me (the next one round to where we'd been straned) and I asked for them to have it taken to the front where I'd have it picked up. Needless to say, it was after 6pm - and of course there was no-one to answer the phones. I sent an email explaining what had happened and demanding they bring me a new one to Jambo House where I would be having breakfast the following morning and to ask for me at bell services and I'd come up from Boma and meet them.

I couldn't get a signal in Boma at all, and it wasn't until we came out that my phone kicked into life and I received an angry text asking where the hell I was! I went up to bell services and asked and they knew nothing. I sat outside for a moment not knowing what to do, having tried to ring the driver back and only getting his answerphone. Bell services came out to find me, saying that they had actually left a scooter for me. It was in a worse condition that the previous one - if that were possible! The wheel rubbed and sort of 'bonked' if you know what I mean. The seat rocked from side to side and felt much lower than the previous one. Again, the only thing going for it was that the batteries were good and lasted all day.

But I will also never EVER hire from them again!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chapea
Getting Excited

Mobile

sorry that the battery failed on you. same thing happened to me as said earlier went from full battery to one notch within an hour at animal kingdom had to go at slowest pace possible back to bus stop and stopped completely when got off the bus. one of the kids had to push it back to the room for me.
chapea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
I hired my first scooter from them. It didn't start well when the girl taking my payment - in full - over the phone only told me after she'd charged my card that it was non-refundable. Surely there should be laws against people doing this.

Once out in Florida they never answered their phone - it was always on answerphone. They brought me a scooter which looked as if it had been through a rock tumbler it was so scratched. Not good condition and the front wheel rubbed. That said, the batteries lasted all day and I just charged it overnight.

However, it died in a torrential thunderstorm, even though I'd put a carrier bag over the tiller and was wearing a rain cape. They failed to tell me about the reset button, and when it died we lost 40 minutes and were consequently extremely late for our ADR at Coral Reef. Disney CMs were extremely helpful and a couple of young chaps on a scavenger hunt took the scooter to the UK pavilion for me (the next one round to where we'd been straned) and I asked for them to have it taken to the front where I'd have it picked up. Needless to say, it was after 6pm - and of course there was no-one to answer the phones. I sent an email explaining what had happened and demanding they bring me a new one to Jambo House where I would be having breakfast the following morning and to ask for me at bell services and I'd come up from Boma and meet them.

I couldn't get a signal in Boma at all, and it wasn't until we came out that my phone kicked into life and I received an angry text asking where the hell I was! I went up to bell services and asked and they knew nothing. I sat outside for a moment not knowing what to do, having tried to ring the driver back and only getting his answerphone. Bell services came out to find me, saying that they had actually left a scooter for me. It was in a worse condition that the previous one - if that were possible! The wheel rubbed and sort of 'bonked' if you know what I mean. The seat rocked from side to side and felt much lower than the previous one. Again, the only thing going for it was that the batteries were good and lasted all day.

But I will also never EVER hire from them again!
That is terrible
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunny Florida
slightly serious Dibber

All systems go now hired a scooter from randy,s what a difference really professional Eddie came explained everything and told us if the battery fails in the park just give them a ring and they will come straight away,don't think this will happen though the scooter looks In much better shape.So thumbs up for rands for saving our holiday.
Old 13 May 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunny Florida View Post
All systems go now hired a scooter from randy,s what a difference really professional Eddie came explained everything and told us if the battery fails in the park just give them a ring and they will come straight away,don't think this will happen though the scooter looks In much better shape.So thumbs up for rands for saving our holiday.

We just love Randys--in all our trips they have been amazing--glad they sorted it out for you
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List