Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 May 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile Half board premium dining plan

Looking to book DLP for Nov/Dec this year for just DD2 and I. I took DD1 a few years back just me and her so now it's DD2s turn. We've just got back from WDW and need to get our Disney fix 😁
Anyway am looking at the dining plans and thinking about buying the half board premium package. Now my question is if I book dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon, will we have an extra to pay? I've seen the vouchers have got a fixed value but I don't know how much.
Is the premium plan worth it?
Any other advise would be appreciated 😊
Thank you
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Premium plan covers L'Auberge.
Is it worth it...?
Well...
Are you going to eat in just premium restaurants?
How old is your DD?
The DLP Guide is a good read to help you decide.

dlpguide/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Edited at 04:35 PM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Premium plan covers L'Auberge.
Is it worth it...?
Well...
Are you going to eat in just premium restaurants?
How old is your DD?
The DLP Guide is a good read to help you decide.

dlpguide/planning/dining/meal-plans/
Thanks for your reply. I am drawn to the premium because of the character dining and also the Buffalo Bill show. We both love our food too. DD will be 8. I shall have a look at the guide
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Definitely worth doing then as you have Inventions on there. California Grill and Walt's are premium too
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it depends. Never bought a dining plan before but we go soon and it works out cheaper for my parents as we are staying at DLH and no longer get hotel breakfast included. With buying the premium plan they do get hotel breakfast (which they'll use as brunch most days, saving needing a second larger meal as well as their 1 TS a day). We are eating at Inventions, AdC etc so OOP was more expensive.

But it does depend on where you are eating and if you want hotel breakfast etc.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I am planning on us having late breakfasts too and then having the TS in the evening. If we were to go full board, I don't think we would get the full use out of it and don't really want to spend extra time out of the park. Can you get vouchers for snacks? Ice creams, Starbucks throughout the day etc? Just thinking if we were to get peckish mid afternoon and we did go full board, can you use the lunch voucher for snacks instead?
Thanks 😊
Old 21 May 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hannah88811 View Post
I am planning on us having late breakfasts too and then having the TS in the evening. If we were to go full board, I don't think we would get the full use out of it and don't really want to spend extra time out of the park. Can you get vouchers for snacks? Ice creams, Starbucks throughout the day etc? Just thinking if we were to get peckish mid afternoon and we did go full board, can you use the lunch voucher for snacks instead?
Thanks 😊
No it's not like WDW, no snack vouchers (they used to do a pause gourmande drink/ice cream voucher but don't now).

You don't get a specific lunch voucher if you're half board - you get one TS voucher to use per day which can be used for either lunch or dinner TS. You cannot use these at CS places. You can use at face value at TS places but imo it's poor use of premium vouchers with those being the top vouchers (think they're worth 60 Euros per adult). As for instance AdC is over 70 euros pp now and you'd get that with your voucher. It's definitely not as flexible as WDW dining plan.

I can't get a dining plan as I'm staying as an AP guest. However with AP and SHC discount there isn't much in it. It's probably slightly cheaper on the dining plan now breakfast isn't included! But it's definitely worth it for my parents as I said earlier.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Definitely not with it doing the full board then. I'll stick to the half board and have a bigger breakfast 😁 Just picked up a brochure from travel agents so can have a proper read as yes it is totally different to WDW
Old 21 May 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We're getting premium half board at Christmas.

I wrote down all the restaurants we wanted to eat in, then worked out the total cost of paying OOP for daytime meals (including the breakfast plan, as we really wanted the Inventions and PG breakfasts). Getting the half board and paying OOP for any extra meals / snacks worked out cheaper, so we got it.

(We did want to get a standard buffet one day, so we're going to pay for that OOP on the day we don't have vouchers, so we don't waste them.)
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List