Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Apr 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

March 2017 (25th Anniversary Trip): Travel Day

Sunday 26th March

Our flight wasn't until 6.30pm so we finished packing in the morning then headed out for lunch since it was also Mother's Day. We had been at my cousin's 30th party the night before so no one had got up very early.

We just went to our local Brewer's Fayre which was lovely and they managed to fit us in without a booking. Once home we packed the car with all the luggage. We were flying with EasyJet so were limited as we had only paid for one hold case but we also had 2 buggies, 2 cabin cases and 2 other bags to make up our 4 bits of hand luggage.

We set off to Edinburgh Airport which is only around half an hour from us. We had pre booked self park parking so we quickly found a space, unloaded the car and got on the shuttle bus to the terminal. We dropped our case at the bag drop (it was 19.8kg so perfect) then tagged both buggies. We had our bugaboo in its travel bag so it was taken to the outsize luggage and we took our chicco stroller to the gate with us. My parents arrived from the bus stop as they live in Edinburgh so had just used their bus passes for free travel to the airport.

It didn't take long to get through security as Edinburgh have a family lane then we headed to get some dinner as we knew it would be too late to eat once we arrived. My mum and I had a cocktail since it was holiday time and Mother's Day!

Once we'd eaten and paid it was time to go to the gate so after a quick toilet stop we joined the queue to board the plane. The flight was pretty full so our cabin cases were tagged to go in the hold along with our buggy which made getting on the plane even easier. We had managed to get 3 seats then one across the aisle for us with my parents just behind. It was the first time my daughter had her own seat as she just turned 2 in February so she was excited.

The flight was fine and pretty quick and we landed in Paris on time. It didn't take long to get off the plane and through passport control then we just waited for the cases and then the buggies to be brought from the outsize luggage area. We got stopped coming though customs as they wanted to look inside our buggy bag. We've been using it for trips for 5 years and im so surprised that's the first time we've been asked to open it as it's a massive black bag. We had booked a private transfer with Prestige who were waiting for us when we came out with the car seats ready and the dvd player for the kids.

The journey to Santa Fe didn't take too long, maybe 35 mins then we got into the queue for check in. I really thought it would have been quiet so late on a Sunday night but no. My husband and dad stayed with the kids while my mum and I queued with the confirmations. We had 4 between as we had 2 bookings each (one single night for the first night with hotels.com then our main 4 night booking with The Walt Disney Travel Company). Once we were seen the cast member took our bits of paper, confirmed we were staying 5 nights in total then said she would be back in a few minutes. We had intended to ask for adjoining rooms but didn't get a chance.

She took a long time to come back, we didn't know what was going on but assumed they were getting our full board vouchers and tickets sorted since they hadn't expected us to check in until Monday. When she eventually came back, probably at least 20 minutes later, she asked if we had stayed at the Santa Fe before and did we really like it. She went on to say they had a special offer that wouldn't cost us anything and would we like to move to the 4* Newport Bay Club for our stay as the Santa Fe was full. Of course we said yes and the manager appeared behind us ready to get all our luggage in a bus to take us to Newport. We were delighted and couldn't quite believe it as she gave us all of our full board vouchers and tickets. We had made a booking at La Cantina in Santa Fe for our last night and after the cast member asked if we had she then transferred it to Cape Cod instead.

The manager took us round to Newport Bay and they loaded our luggage for us while we went to the desk. Our rooms weren't ready so they gave us a voucher for a drink in the bar. We settled in for a drink overlooking the lake which was lovely although it was getting very late by know so the kids were exhausted and my daughter had fallen asleep on grannies knee.

We eventually got our room keys and were told to come back the next day to get our easy pass and the key for the rest of the stay as these ones were just programmed for one night. After discovering our luggage wasn't in our rooms, we had to go back to get it. We were allowed to take the luggage trolley up in the lift which my son thought was the best thing ever.

We hadn't been able to get adjoining rooms but there was only one room between us so it wasn't an issue. We quickly got the kids pj's out so they could get to bed and my parents took my son into their room s we could get them settled quicker ready for our first day in the park tomorrow.

As if our upgrade wasn't enough, there was an even bigger surprise to come the next day!
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I ask where you got all of your Disney T-Shirts from please?
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What a lovely surprise of the upgrade! Can't wait to read the next installment xx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by zoebums View Post
Can I ask where you got all of your Disney T-Shirts from please?
Yes of course!

My daughters ones on the left were, top to bottom, a jumper dress from Gap, a t-shirt from Asda, a t-shirt from Primark & a jumper from Primark.

My sons ones on the right were, top to bottom, a hoodie from Gap, a t-shirt from Gap & a t-shirt from Tesco.
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emma1987BTL View Post
What a lovely surprise of the upgrade! Can't wait to read the next installment xx
Thank you. It was an amazing surprise.
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow nice upgrade!
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
Wow nice upgrade!
Yeah it was lovely; we couldn't believe it!
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

O wow what a great surprise! Look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Elly_LDN View Post
O wow what a great surprise! Look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
Thank you, think we were very lucky!
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

What a lovely surprise! Tinkerbell was working overtime for you there

Looking forward to the rest of the TR!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List