Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

TC PE Review

Hi All
Debating about TC PE offering as Virgin prices for this year are diabolical..
CAn anyone give me an honest review of TC PE offering to orlando and how they find it compared to Virgin and THomson?
Rizzoface is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

We did TC PE in April last year.

The cabin was relatively quiet, drinks were free (they came around a few times - and you could ask for more if you wanted more inbetween offerings). IFE was ample (seat back, custom controlled). The food was glorious (for in flight food), was pretty impressed by the James Martin menu.

Staff were polite and helpful, seats were comfortable, and the amenity kit was a nice extra bonus, including earphones, ear plugs, flight socks, toothbrush/paste, a pouch to keep it all in, eye mask, blanket, pillow.

If you can get it for a decent price, it's well worth it. Though - it's not "luxury", it's just a step above your standard economy flight - there is a couple inches extra leg room, and the seats are slightly wider. The seating configuration is 2 - 3 - 2, whereas economy is 2 - 4 - 2

I actively look to book it from the get go (as opposed to hoping for a cheap upgrade), my limit for PE with TC is £750 per adult, but you can regularly get it for less than this depending on time of year.

The biggest gripe with TC that I've read about (but have not yet experienced, so doesn't impact me) -- is if there is a technical fault with a plane and they need to change it - they might change it to a plane that doesn't have PE, and therefor you would be downgraded (and have your PE difference refunded).

Keep in mind that things like this *can* and *do* happen with all airlines, and people only tend to complain about their bad experiences - but rarely rave about the good experiences.

Their customer service also seems to be lacking if you do have a problem -- but I never have, so can't comment on it.

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshireguy
slightly serious Dibber

We did it last year too.

The price for TC Premium was cheaper than Virgin Economy. If that is the same for you I would opt for TC.

I found it very good. Not luxury but again it is just a step up from Economy thus the name! Not Business Class remember.

You get extra luggage allowance, premium check in, fast track security (UK side), free seat assignment, priority boarding, bigger seat, more leg room, better in flight entertainment, free drinks and pre departure drink, premium meal, free headphones, Premium only toilet & luggage off first.

I was very impressed with it and would happily do it again if price is right.
Yorkshireguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

caa/Passengers/Res...re-downgraded/

If you get downgrade you should be getting much more than just the PE upgrade cost back! Always claim
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew to Premium Economy with them to Orlando last summer and paid not much more than economy, we booked early. We found everything great, customer service was very good, I used online chat a few times and their response was very quick. The meal out was very good with Thomas Cook, we flew out to Las Vegas with Virgin in Premium economy last week and wouldn't recommend the meal for our dog. Their price is very competitive and we wouldn't hesitate to fly with Thomas Cook again. We have already booked flights with them next summer, premium economy again.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We flew TC PE 31st March and thought it was great.

We had middle 3 row seats which had lots of leg room (more than window 2 seats). Staff were great, food Ok and entertainment package good.

Wouldn't hesitate to fly again

Hopefully flight back will be just as good

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

I was very impressed. Much better and cheaper than VA economy. Staff lovely, food good and drinks a plenty. Would do it again if the price was right.
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

We thought it was good value for what we paid in 2015, and found the staff professional and friendly. Liked everything about the flight. Especially liked the dedicated check in desk for PE and fast track security, plus boarding first.

We've booked PE with TC again for our next flight - booked well in advance when the price was one that I deemed reasonable. It shot up by £400 per person return not long after I'd bought our flights But the price does seem to vary a lot from week to week.

I haven't flown PE with Thomson or Virgin so can't compare to these seats.

Deb
Old 21 May 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

Hi just looking for a bit of advice please. I have prebooked the exit seats on my Thomas cook flight outward and return. If I were to upgrade to PE on the way out- would they take the price I have paid off the cost of the upgrade? It is £70 each to upgrade one way at the moment ... is that a good price?

Many thanks
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshireguy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Toffee Lady View Post
Hi just looking for a bit of advice please. I have prebooked the exit seats on my Thomas cook flight outward and return. If I were to upgrade to PE on the way out- would they take the price I have paid off the cost of the upgrade? It is £70 each to upgrade one way at the moment ... is that a good price?

Many thanks
That's a decent price. The Seat Booking Costs would be deducted for the leg you have upgraded with so be even cheaper.
Yorkshireguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List