Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Apr 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieldway
Trying for More Ears

A different trip report! Paris & DLP: part two DLP!

We woke up about 7:30. Breakfast in the room again. Whilst we packed. We had told the children that we had to move hotels but they didn't know where we were going. When we were finally done we booked an Uber and we were in it by 10 o'clock. The children still didn't know where we were going!
The drive took about 45 minutes. It was good to see other bits of Paris as we drove out of the town. The children still didn't know we were going and it was quite funny to see our son's reactions.

They worked it out eventually. They were thrilled. We made it to the Disneyland hotel before 11 AM. There was a lot of security driving in it was fine with by us very reassuring. We joined a huge check-in queue, it smelt so good in the lobby.
A cast member came over and said we could Have our park tickets and complete check in later we hesitated, why wasn't everyone else doing this? But we decided we only had two days let's just get on with it. We were in the park by 1130!

It was so beautifully decorated for the 25th anniversary the children and I was so excited to be back. We walked slowly up Main Street and took it all in. We went and got a fast pass for star tours and then made our way to it's a small world how daughters absolute favourite ride. It's been beautifully restored and looked so much better than the last time we were there in 2014.

Then we went on Casey Junior train with about a 15 minute wait I daughter loves this ride she doesn't like rollercoasters is much but this is right up our street so we all enjoyed it. By then we were hungry and cold! We went to toad Hall for lunch everyone apart from me had fish and chips I had a salad my husband had a beer with his just for the novelty factor I had a tea to try and warm up. The food was okay nothing special it was busy but we got a table. After we'd eaten we did Alices maze and then went on the teacups. Then it was time for our star tours fast pass. This was brilliant!

By then we were all cold and it was after 3 o'clock so we went back to the hotel to get our room key. Our room was on the ground floor very close to the lobby and check-in area. We had drinks and snacks in the room and put on a few more layers before heading out again. We went to the studios park this time. Ratatouille was our aim! DD and I used our hotel fast passes, the boys did single rider. We love this ride!
After the boys did single rider for the soldiers drop ride. Dd And I did the Slinky dog!

By this point it was after six. We haven't had any luck with dinner reservations so we headed to the hotel bar! We ordered beer, wine, lemonade and a milkshake plus bar snacks: dip, veg sticks, croque Monsieur and a tortilla plus crisps. Not quite a balanced meal but it did the trick and it's so lovely in there. The pianist was playing, we loved it. Ds is pretty good on the piano and asked if he could play! He played one of his grade 4 pieces really nicely and got a huge round of applause 😊

We went back into the park just after 8, The boys took their hotel fast pass to thunder mountain dd and I looked in the shops 😄, dd ate a doughnut as she hadn't enjoyed the bar snacks 😬
We found a spot for the show around 9, The boys managed to ride btm twice and joined us before 9.30.
The show was amazing.
We loved it. I cried, of course. All in bed by 11! Exhausted, what a crazy day.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
Fieldway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds fab! What a lovely surprise going to Dlp too 😍
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieldway
Trying for More Ears

Thanks. Better with photos and the auto correct sorted!
Fieldway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I bet the kids reaction to seeing where they were going was brilliant!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List