Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

I'd pay it , yes

Extra case and comfort would swing it for me , expecially if you can get the bubble - it's quieter.

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 03:47 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hello think you've made the right decision booking the economy bargain...the PE seat offers a few inches more leg room and it's a few inches wider but when there's 5 or 6 of you to consider then £1000-£1200 is an awful lot for about 7 hours 45 on a plane! Spend it on the holiday itself, spread it over the 14 days, and you can catch up on sleep when you're back home. Have fun and well done on your bargain find!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Personally I would consider it but that is a lot of money for just one way so would probably say no not at this time.

I have booked with Thomson next year and the upgrade for all 4 of us both ways was £250 pp - £125 pp each way, I did not mind that so much but still more that the £95 pp each way I paid with TC last time!

Rich

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter's flown MAN - MCO many times and due to her work, she's been allocated PE occasionally. She's also flown economy with extra legroom and thinks that's far better value for money.

As for extra seat room, PE gives you 21" seat width and a pitch of 38" whereas standard Economy is 17.5" seat width and a pitch of 31". The extra legroom adds 3" to the pitch.

With regard to catering, my daughter shares the opinion that the food on the return journey (sourced in the USA) is never as good as that on the outward leg. She also said that the difference between PE meals and Economy isn't that great.

I asked her a straight forward question recently. "Would you pay extra for PE per way, if it was £100 more than the economy fare?" She said "NO!"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
We've just flown PE and I wouldn't pay £200 for one leg. Both ways... possibly...depending on how much the economy ticket was.

I generally look at it as the average price for an economy ticket for us is around £600-£650. Highest we've paid for PE is £900 (this year we got PE for £750).

Sit tight and keep an eye on the flight prices for your dates. If they drop to close to what you paid (or less), phone them and see what they can offer. That's how we got an upgrade from PE to UC a few years ago
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Definitely not worth it for me. I'd much rather pay for the extra legroom seats. £200 is a lot to pay for not very much imho.
Old 19 May 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I've paid that for PE before but there was just 2 of us and my DH likes the extra space. And with just two of us he seating is better. Would I pay for 5 people probably not but for us it was worth it.
Also I'd second the poster that said they preferred to UC. I do do for the same reason that you don't have the wall round you. And for me I can look out of the window.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We done it once, last year from MAN... PE is very nice, we had upstairs front row and my little lad got to go into the cockpit just before we took off
We paid £200 each but dont think I would do it again... extra leg room seats are good for us, lot of money just to travel
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
We done it once, last year from MAN... PE is very nice, we had upstairs front row and my little lad got to go into the cockpit just before we took off
We paid £200 each but dont think I would do it again... extra leg room seats are good for us, lot of money just to travel
Your little lad was lucky to go into the cockpit before take off! No passengers are allowed in now due to safety restrictions. Cabin crew go in to deliver food and that's all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TerryAFS View Post
Your little lad was lucky to go into the cockpit before take off! No passengers are allowed in now due to safety restrictions. Cabin crew go in to deliver food and that's all.
I was surprised as well, I thought all that had stopped

This was in June last year... on the return leg in July we were in the economy seats upstairs and the guys in the seats were in going out where also in the cockpit prior to leaving - older lads as well, mid 20s I would guess at...

EDIT...found the photo of him in there... he was overjoyed as thats what he wants to do for a career when older..!

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List