Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Thanks for starting this thread Luigi - it is interesting to hear different people's views. We are booked in the bubble for the first time too on the way to Orlando. We hadn't really thought about it until when I phoned Virgin to book the PE seats she said that there were still seats upstairs if we wanted them. My family were very keen to experience going upstairs, so we've booked them. Looking forward to trying something different anyway.
Old 23 May 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Luigi
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Abbey1136 View Post
Flew both ways in the bubble recently absolutely loved it! I am terrified of flying (take Valium) & the bubble helped me no end. So lovely & quiet, really calm. Went to the downstairs toilets so I could have a leg stretch & thought it was awful, noisy & busy. On the way home we were served food then lights off from 23:00 so we could sleep. Going over we were off the plane just after 1st class & PE downstairs. We had fab storage space for all our things beside the window seat. I think these planes (747-400) are only around a few more years & I will really miss sitting upstairs. Just to add we had fabulous service too!
Thanks for this Abbey, my DW is also not a great flyer and takes various things just to get her on the plane, so reading that it was helpful to you to be in the bubble is good to read.
Luigi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved it last year. We managed to get Dibbers row and we loved the little compartment for hand luggage, there was also enough space behind the seats for two carry on sized cases.
It was so much quieter up there, I would definitely try to book again especially for the night flight home.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

I personally didnt like the bubble, it just felt very claustrophobic for me.
Old 23 May 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchs Ohana
Proud to wear my Ears

Stitchs Ohana's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: -1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We loved the Bubble - Dibbers row for us back in June 2014 was much quieter upstairs which meant DS could sleep as he's not great on long flights. We got before Economy downstairs, but looks like it may have changed since then.

Have a great Holiday.

Rodeway Inn (I-Drive 1996); Highlands Reserve Villa (2001); Calabay Parc Villa (2008);
Hampton Lakes Villa (2010); Woodrige Villa (2014); Dibb Villa ~ Drumtochty, Solterra Resort (2019 & 2024) ;
Stitchs Ohana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkshireguy View Post
I wouldn't worry. There is no way they will let off downstairs Economy passengers before the Premium Bubble Passengers normally.

We can't wait to go in the Bubble. Our 5 year old has no idea we are going to Florida yet. She finds out on the day and has always gone on about sitting upstairs!
Thank you! I just panicked about the stairs but there's no way on earth they're running about the cabin so will make sure DH has our youngest in the sling and I'll make sure our eldest gets down the stairs ok. Hopefully it'll be ok. I had a look today and there's only a row in the centre downstairs so it's either upstairs back row of PE bubble or middle downstairs.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by leighcat View Post
How old are the kids?
Its an adventure for them aswell.
My two were 8 and 12 first time in the bubble
My kids? They'll be 15months and 3 and a half.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Apologies if this has come up before and I've missed it...

They say that the overhead compartments in the bubble are smaller than downstairs - but how much smaller? Myself, DW and DD will each have a carry-on but they are not the biggest ones that some people take on, so I'm hoping these will be OK, whether in the overhead or under the seat in front (we won't be keen on having to go the cupboard at the back to get stuff).

I'm off to get the actual bag measurements, but if anyone's got any comments on what will/won't fit in the overheads or under seats, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Kala
Trying for More Ears

If you are on a virgin plane they let PE and First class downstairs off first and the upstairs after that as there are PE in the bubble also this has been my experience hope it helps
Kala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post
Apologies if this has come up before and I've missed it...

They say that the overhead compartments in the bubble are smaller than downstairs - but how much smaller? Myself, DW and DD will each have a carry-on but they are not the biggest ones that some people take on, so I'm hoping these will be OK, whether in the overhead or under the seat in front (we won't be keen on having to go the cupboard at the back to get stuff).

I'm off to get the actual bag measurements, but if anyone's got any comments on what will/won't fit in the overheads or under seats, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't there are any overhead lockers ... just a wide gap between the window seat and the seat. We stored our bags both here and under the seat in front and didn't need the wardrobe space at the back
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List