Old 14 Oct 08, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Cruising the Caribbean - Day nine - Miami and flying home

4th *sob* October 2008.

The time was near.. I had set my alarm for 5.50 - For arrival.. which was to be 7 , I wanted another last walk around the ship.. Woke up to see Miami.. We'd sailed in ages ago! Was really looking forward to that too - Damn Captain! No tip for him.

In Miami.. the weather was horrible! Thunder , lightning and absolutely throwing it down!

I went up to the top deck anyway , to get wet. No one jogging this morning...

Brekkie was at the windjammer - had to have one last meal! Spotted a Carnival ship pull past us and turn around whilst having brekkie, so I went outside to check it out.

It was the Carnival Liberty. So Liberty meets Liberty!

I did shamefully shout mines bigger than yours.. I was depressed today I didnt care what people thought!

Our luggage label was blue... and the clock was creeping upto 8am...

Time to go... *sobs*

We get down to the theatre and we get taken straight away ( damn them! ) and straight to the AFT gangway for Non-Us citizens.. I was seriously almost in tears here, I just didn't want to get off. Eventually , I was pulled off the ship railings and it was onto Immigration , that was fine, we had our VWP's. Then off to collect our bags, which was easy enough, before going through Customs, which again was quick. No one saw my luggage label.. LOL.

Now to wait for the transfer bus to the airport.

The bus came within 20 minutes and it was a short ride to the airport. At the airport, we front in the queue for the Continental check-in. The time now was only around 9.30 , so I enquired about an early flight from Miami and the earlier flight to Manchester. She could get us on the earlier flight to Newark, but not the Manchester one, so that would mean 10hours in Newark airport, no ta.

So check-in, go through security ( no waiting at all!) and I spot a Cinnabon place.. I've never had one before, but after seeing so many people try and make their own, I just had to try one.
OMG How delicious are they? Someone give me the recipe!

There was a massive storm over Miami airport - thunder , lightning and heavy rain. Woops good job we had 6 hours before we took off!

We knew the Irish couple from our table were flying an hour before us , so they were here somewhere. We said last night we'd try and find one another. Which we did. We spent 5 hours together , had lunch together. It really made the time fly!

They boarded their flight and we said bye to them, they were going to Dublin, via JFK.

Our flight info:

This aircraft according to the Cabin crew was really old , she said 20yrs. You could tell!

Continued below...
Old 14 Oct 08, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
After take-off , just to make me more depressed.. I saw the ship.

Not a very good pic , but I could see it with my eyes good. LOL

The flight was uneventful, the comedy channel was on. Unlimited soda's, so I drank my bodyweight in Mr Pibb again.

Before landing into Newark, I spotted a RCI cruise ship pulling out in the bay.. Wooah!

Now this part is a bit funny but I was really worried! There was a SPanish lady sat next to my Nana , who couldn't speak ONE word of English. She was talking away ( She was on her own) to my Nan in Spanish.. Errr ok.
The Captain came on the tannoy and said cabin crew seats for landing. I was looking out the window, turned around and she'd gone! Where the hell had she gone? A few mins passed and she came out of the toilet! She literally sat down, fastened her seat belt and we landed. OMG!

Landed at Newark, 30 mins prior to schedule , through the other side of the plane window you could see the whole of Manhattan up close, amazing.

Now once landed I got to see the skyline. This picture cost me £70! £35 amendment fee each for changing flights from Atlanta to Newark LOL.
I was back in New York ( OK New Jersey) , I was so close.. yet so far, I wanted to stay! Almost broke my leg on purpose to stay.. haha.

We had 2 hours to wait till our flight to Manchester. So we had a Mcdonalds and I bought a few Dunkin donuts for my family back home ( Shhhhhhhh don't tell customs!)

We boarded the flight just after 9pm and wooooooo it had the PTV's! That will keep me entertained.

The flight was to be just 5 hours 50 minutes , oh yeah.

Dinner was ok - great service anyhow.

I watched Pee-wee's big adventure and Austin powers 2. This entertainment system is fab. ( Better than First choices!) Touch screen TV's, with 18 movies, 22 tv channels , 18 games and 50 music Albums!

We landed 1 hour before schedule, which was fab. Pulled into our gate, straight through immigration , got our luggage and were outside with my Mummy ( Who I think missed me , haha) before we were supposed to even land. Way to go Continental ( and jet stream!)

Well , that's an end to an absolutely amazing holiday, one which I don't think can ever be beaten!

Cruising is something I think everyone should experience once in their life time. The world's a big place , get out there! ( As Royal Carribean's logo says)
I feel very luck to be going again next May - Onboard Royal Caribbean's smallest ship - the Monarch of the seas. ( let's see how the size compares! lol)

Thanks for reading everyone - hope you enjoyed!

P.S There is one more thread to come soon, with alot of videos on.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow fab photo's thats exactly how Miami looked in June
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Coming home is always such a downer, but it does have its positives... you can start planning the next one :-)

Thanks again for the fab report. Can't wait till we go again... only 600-odd days till Oasis :-)
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I've really enjoyed reading this trip report ste, it sounds like the perfect holiday. Did your nan enjoy it as much as you did?

Can't wait to see some of your vidoes.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Originally Posted by marionmcclung View Post
I've really enjoyed reading this trip report ste, it sounds like the perfect holiday. Did your nan enjoy it as much as you did?

Can't wait to see some of your vidoes.
She did yep!

Carolynn - I'm sooooooooo jealous about Oasis!
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Carolynn - I'm sooooooooo jealous about Oasis!
Well you only have to wait until June 2010 until my trip report

Thats unless you've booked and done it yourself by then
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Last days are so sad Have loved your reports and all your wonderful photos.
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
Well you only have to wait until June 2010 until my trip report

Thats unless you've booked and done it yourself by then
LOL I doubt it!

I've decided.. Oasis can wait until 2012 ( maybe even Allure!) - For a very special birthday of mine, I wanna do 1 week Vegas, 1 week Cruise and maybe one week Hawaii... 4 yrs to save
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Thanks for your trippie Ste,have thoroughly enjoyed it all. Looking forward to seeing the videos . Glad your nan had a fab time as well.