Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 15, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Is Tampa mall worth a visit?

We are going to clearwater for the day this year and was thinking about popping in to the Tampa mall on the way back and eatting at the cheesecake factory.

Does anyone know if the Tampa mall is worth a visit, and if it's close by on our journey home from Clearwater to Orlando?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

I think the one you mean is International Mall near Tampa airport, it's really big and has all the big expensive stores, Nordstrom, Dillard's, Macy's as well as designer stores (not outlets) and the usual American Eagle, Hollister Forever 21 etc. You will pass by it on your way from Orlando to Clearwater. The cheesecake factory is on the roof level along with other places to eat. I think it's about 8 miles from Clearwater beach.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Many thanks for the info. I will give it a try this year.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 15, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
The International Mall is an excellent shopping area.

We found that it had all the top stores plus many unusual ones. There is an Orogold store there. Don't be drawn in unless you are prepared to be sweetly talked out of mega bucks for skin cream 😏

There are some interesting furniture/ household stores there too. We could have spent a fortune.

The Cheescake a Factory is on the top level at the very end. We ate outside there late afternoon in March and it was just perfect weather. The food was good too but there are some other interesting places to eat in the same stretch.

I'd say it is worth a visit but you will need a good few hours to do it justice.

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 15, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
The International Mall is an excellent shopping area.

We found that it had all the top stores plus many unusual ones. There is an Orogold store there. Don't be drawn in unless you are prepared to be sweetly talked out of mega bucks for skin cream 😏

There are some interesting furniture/ household stores there too. We could have spent a fortune.

The Cheescake a Factory is on the top level at the very end. We ate outside there late afternoon in March and it was just perfect weather. The food was good too but there are some other interesting places to eat in the same stretch.

I'd say it is worth a visit but you will need a good few hours to do it justice.
Thanks for the info. I will ensure my wife stays away from the orogold store for sure.

I am quite happy to spend a few hours there and avoid the evening rush hour traffic back to Orlando. It will be nice to eat at a different cheesecake as we have only ever done the Orlando one.
Old 10 Jun 15, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

We are heading there on the 5th July..
We are flying back from Tampa and staying at the Hyatt across the road.

Will make sure I leave room in my luggage for a little more shopping..
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Always visit on the last day prior to catching flight, with a pre departure meal at the cheese cake factory
Old 10 Jun 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread