Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 15, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
bigc40sc
Serious Dibber

Two centre, Orlando and where ?

As the title suggests we are starting to plan our next Orlando visit, there are two families and will be 11 of us we will be taking 2 villas for the first two weeks in Orlando then moving to "The coast" but my question is which one? where is best for a relaxing final week albeit with something to do if need be, we are currently looking either Daytona or Clearwater areas but unsure if anywhere else better, also if we should consider a large villa for all of us or again 2 or perhaps a hotel stay, currently giving me a huge headache deciding what to do. Any advice greatly appreciated
2010 Hillside Drive,Davenport
2011 Solana Circle,Davenport
bigc40sc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I much prefer the gulf coast. I have twin centred in St Petersburg but I would love to spend time in Naples. It looks lovely.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Naples or Marco - there are some fab villas available as well.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bigc40sc
Serious Dibber

not thought about naples i will take a look thanks
2010 Hillside Drive,Davenport
2011 Solana Circle,Davenport
bigc40sc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bigc40sc View Post
As the title suggests we are starting to plan our next Orlando visit, there are two families and will be 11 of us we will be taking 2 villas for the first two weeks in Orlando then moving to "The coast" but my question is which one? where is best for a relaxing final week albeit with something to do if need be, we are currently looking either Daytona or Clearwater areas but unsure if anywhere else better, also if we should consider a large villa for all of us or again 2 or perhaps a hotel stay, currently giving me a huge headache deciding what to do. Any advice greatly appreciated
we are doing two weeks orlando

week at fort myers beach

wanted somewhere lively

we have rented a 2 bed beach front condo, there were bigger ones.

I think you will struggle in a hotel room after two weeks in a villa!

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=850999

Mark
markiemark90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I much prefer the gulf.

If you have children , then i heavily reccomend Casperson, which is just south of Venice. if you take a walmart seive with you, then you will find fossilised Sharks teeth in the sand. there will be plenty of other people doing exactly the same. There is the beach, with the boardwalk behind it and a free carpark behind that.

As for staying, I really love Anna Maria Island, particularly Holmes Beach. The sand is quite simply the best that I have ever walked on by a country mile. that includes Mauritius, most of the Med, living in Cyprus and even Cornwall. There is a really nice feel about Anna Maria, really laid back and friendly, A bit like going back in time.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

if you're looking into going to Anna Maria island then check out the new laws they're passing from next Jan (I think) as its prohibitive to larger groups
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Take a look at the Dibb Villas section, there are a few at Rotonda West on The Gulf Coast.
We have booked one for our trip next year
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Dazzle
Imagineer

Mrs_Dazzle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
I would suggest beautiful canal side villas on Marco Island. Fishing, kayaking, boating - all at the bottom of your garden! There are some lovely ones around if you look on villa rental websites. Perfect for you all.

From there as a base you've hot beautiful beaches, the Everglades for an airboat ride, fab shopping malls and great restaurants.
Old 8 Jun 15, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread