Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 16, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Its happened to me occasionally - when it does it goes back with a polite request and a smile. Never had a problem sending the food back and I quite look forward to the day somebody wants to give me a problem returning it because it won't go well for them

Edited at 02:27 PM.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi
only cold food we've ever experienced was the salad But if it should be hot and isn't send it back.
Cap'n Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm very much a believer of hot food should be hot and cold should be cold. I intensely dislike eating in the parks due to the lukewarm nonsense. I just don't see how in places that busy it can be justified. Best park food I've had in terms of casual dining was The Three Broomsticks. Fish & Chips were lovely and hot, my cousin and aunt's rotisserie chicken was hot too. I think it can also be your luck
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh I'm glad I noticed this I bloody hate warm food and now I can moan about it!

How bloody hard is it to put hot food on a hot plate? I hate it when my plate is cold, buy a bloomin plate warmer! Any way now I feel better

The worse place I have ever found was the minions breakfast at a universal hotel, the whole buffet was just like warm, I had a sausage and it was stone cold in the middle! I kicked up such a fuss the head chef came down with a thermometer and had to replace half the buffet!

We got the whole meal complementary and a few survivors from a very embarrassed manager!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

The only time I recall having cold/lukewarm food was at the place everyone raves about...Ohana. Infact aside form the dessert the meal was vile and service was terrible.

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post
The only time I recall having cold/lukewarm food was at the place everyone raves about...Ohana. Infact aside form the dessert the meal was vile and service was terrible.

JA x
You won't find me raving about the place, been once and won't be back.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
You won't find me raving about the place, been once and won't be back.
Yes! So glad someone agrees with me! It was just awful, worst meal I've had in WDW

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post
Yes! So glad someone agrees with me! It was just awful, worst meal I've had in WDW

JA x
Second your comments. Been once, never again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I've never noticed this but then I don't like my food to be so hot that I can't taste it! (unlike my mother who unless her food is hotter than the surface of the sun will shove it in the microwave and ruin it!)

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

One of the main reasons I hate cafeteria style service is because you never seem to get hot food. By the time you have collected your food and anything else like drinks and then queued to pay, the food has already cooled to lukewarm. I always find fast food places usually serve lukewarm food too unless they have run out and need to cook fresh while you wait. I too have been known to send food back when it is really cold. At home I will ask them to take all the meals back if there is any delay but find American etiquette isn't quite the same as they don't seem to worry about serving the meals separately (obviously don't wait for everyone to be served before starting to eat!)