Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

2017 QSDP query

Ok... I know you get 2 counter service meals, each consisting of an Entree, a desert and a beverage as well as 1 snack.
My query is... If I don't want a desert, Do I lose that part of the credit or can I carry it over and use it as a snack credit later.

TIA
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

From what I have seen on other threads the Dining Plan for 2017 has changed and you no longer get a dessert with QS meals. You now get an extra snack credit per day.
SEAWORLD FAN is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The QS meals will no longer offer a dessert from next year and you'll get 2 snacks instead.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

As above but they also have introduced substitutions. Whether this will carry on next year I don't know but currently you can sub your dessert or drink for a snack but it has to be done at the same time at the point of sale, you can't carry it over.
So right now for breakfast for example you can swap your drink for a side and use your refillable resort mug. Hope this carries on and we found we had drinks needlessly.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
For 2017, the QSDP will be comprised of 2 counter service meal credits (consisting of an entree and a beverage) and 2 snack credits per night of your stay for each person. This is different to previous years.

Therefore the 2 desserts you used to get per day have been replaced by 1 snack credit.

You can swap the beverage from the meal credit for any side, dessert or snack that has the little DDP snack symbol next to it. However, this must be done when you use the meal credit - you can't carry it over.

You can use a snack credit to buy any side, dessert, drink or snack.
You can also convert a meal credit into snack credits - currently you get 3 snack credits for 1 converted meal credit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
For 2017, the QSDP will be comprised of 2 counter service meal credits (consisting of an entree and a beverage) and 2 snack credits per night of your stay for each person. This is different to previous years.

Therefore the 2 desserts you used to get per day have been replaced by 1 snack credit.

You can swap the beverage from the meal credit for any side, dessert or snack that has the little DDP snack symbol next to it. However, this must be done when you use the meal credit - you can't carry it over.

You can use a snack credit to buy any side, dessert, drink or snack.
You can also convert a meal credit into snack credits - currently you get 3 snack credits for 1 converted meal credit.
Thanks everyone for the info...

So would I be right in assuming that if I was eating in a resort (not parks) I could use my refillable mug to get a beverage and use my beverage credit for a dessert?

How do you convert a meal credit to snack credits?
I'm sure during our stay we will want to have at least one table service meal which I know we will have to pay separately for so I could convert the unused QSDP meal into 3 snack credits per person (There will be 9 of us, so that's 27 extra snack credits).

Also can you still use QSDP for breakfast or lunch at BOG and if so would I need to use 2 credits per person?

Many thanks, Meg

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Old 26 May 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Meg67 View Post
Thanks everyone for the info...

So would I be right in assuming that if I was eating in a resort (not parks) I could use my refillable mug to get a beverage and use my beverage credit for a dessert?

How do you convert a meal credit to snack credits?
I'm sure during our stay we will want to have at least one table service meal which I know we will have to pay separately for so I could convert the unused QSDP meal into 3 snack credits per person (There will be 9 of us, so that's 27 extra snack credits).

Also can you still use QSDP for breakfast or lunch at BOG and if so would I need to use 2 credits per person?

Many thanks, Meg
Yes re the refillable mug and swapping drink in resort QS for a dessert (or any other snack item), assuming they keep the substitutions rule in 2017.

You can swap a QS (or TS) credit for 3 snacks in a single transaction at any participating location - all Disney owned QS some snack stalls. You just say you want to use 1 x QS credit.

You'll probably find you have more QS credits left over, we often shared two meals between 3.

Be Our Guest is QS at breakfast and lunch and is 1 x QS credit per person.
Old 26 May 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread