Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Oct 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

DLP Half Marathon Weekend - Day 5

Monday 26th September 2016

While we were sad to be leaving we wanted to make the most of the time we had left and had showered, packed and checked out by 8.30! This was a brand new experience for me as I usually spend half a day packing for 5 people

We returned the kettle and the room keys and left our luggage in the luggage store before heading for our final breakfast.

As we knew we wouldn’t make extra magic hours we’d already decided to head to the Studios ready for the 10am opening. The turnstiles opened at 9.30, Crush opened at 9.40 and by 10 am we had ridden Crush and were getting on Ratatouille via the single rider queue! We walked straight on to RC Racer, Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster in quick succession and were heading out of the park by 11 having ticked off the main 5 rides!

We were booked in to Blue Lagoon at 12.00 so made our way slowly round to the main park via a quick drink at Salon Mickey.

We wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean to get us in the mood for our lunch and made our way through Adventureland. On the way we saw Jafar with a very small queue so decided to wait for a photo. This was one of the best character interactions we had! Jafar took a dislike to my sister and repeatedly shooed her away before finally allowing her to stand close enough for a picture When it was my turn he beckoned me over, stroked my hair and whispered ‘ooh you’re luuurvely’ in my ear! As you can see it was slightly creepy but totally hilarious!

After riding Pirates of the Caribbean we checked into Blue Lagoon and were shown to our table. My sister ordered a bright blue Glowtini cocktail and I ordered a very sensible pineapple juice!

We both opted for the 3 course Ocean Treasure Menu. My sister ordered Fish Soup, Caribbean Chicken and Vanilla Flambee and I ordered the Caribbean Salad, Catch of the day and Vanilla Flambee. It was all delicious and the flambee being lit at the table was very atmospheric.

All too soon it was time to leave and after spending an hour and a half in the restaurant it was a bit of a mad dash to get back to the hotel for our 2pm pick up! We made it back in plenty of time, collected our luggage and found the girls we were sharing the Uber with.

By 2.05 we were on our way and as there was no traffic we were back at the airport by 2.40 - in plenty of time for our 5.25 flight back to Manchester.

We had speedy boarding on the way home too - which again saved queuing for the gate

Just before take off one of the air hostesses asked if one of us would mind moving across the isle to the other exit row as they need someone sat in each - no need to ask me twice, 3 seats all to myself meant I could lie down for a little nap

Before long we were back in Manchester and using the moving walkways to make our way back to the train station for the remainder of our journey home.

We had an absolutely fantastic time and I'm already thinking about next year My sister however is not so sure as according to my Fitbit we covered 65 miles over the 5 days and we were both totally exhausted for the rest of the week
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Great report but I cannot see the all important day 4 ?
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great report! My friends were there as well, I'm joining them in 2017, so your report gave me a good insight into what to expect.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Enjoyed reading this and what a lot of miles 😱
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List