Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 6 Jan 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Shopping Nov 2016

Just been doing sums for some things I bought in Florida in Nov.

I used my Halifax Clarity credit card and the average exchange rate I got was 1.243 which I was pleased with.

I bought 3 Ralph Lauren polo shirts each for my 2 nephews and my brother 9 in all from Prime outlets. Plus one pair of Levi's 501s for my brother from Macy's.

Just compared the prices against Debenhams website: total savings £460. Happy with that. The 10 items covered Christmas presents for 3 men plus 2 birthday presents.

Nothing was 'dirt cheap' and I bought more there than I would here - from Debenhams they would have got one shirt each.

Calvin Klein men's underpants. In Macy's: I got a pack of 4 for $25. In Debenhams store yesterday they were £18 a pair.

Everything was good quality and nicely made - if they were 'seconds' or specially made for the outlets I couldn't see a difference

Linda. Xx

Edited at 01:00 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I do all my Christmas shopping in Florida each Nov. and my family really do get spoilt, there is no way they would get so much designer gear if I had to do my Christmas shopping over here but I get most of my bargains in Marshalls or Stein Mart rather than the outlets, although I did get a few bit up at the outlets just outside St Augustine. My best buy was a pot scrubber that I bought whilst in Mt. Dora, it is made from very very fine nylon mesh, whilst I was there my favourite sandals decided to make the soles of my feet black and I used the new pot scrubber on my feet and wow it took off all my hard skin, it now lives in the bathroom rather than the kitchen and I wish I had bought more of them.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We were the same in November bough DS2 a north face jacket £450 here we paid around £70 same jacket he'd seen here the girls ugg slippers with by one one half price and a coupon £25 each bargains still to be had
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I like Ross and Marshalls too. I got a pack of 3 pairs of Ralph Lauren men's socks in Ross for $9.99. What they call 'dress socks', not sports socks etc
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We were the same in November bough DS2 a north face jacket £450 here we paid around £70 same jacket he'd seen here the girls ugg slippers with by one one half price and a coupon £25 each bargains still to be had
I know you get craft bargains as well Helen. Trouble is getting those 21 inch wide rolls of Deco Mesh home - I bought Olga two rolls each of red, dark green and white !
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can actuallty do the wreaths with 10 inch but the 21 gives a better fuller finnish
Have been known to bring them back in the golf club travel bag
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gazadonna9
slightly serious Dibber

gazadonna9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I too got a lot of good deals in November
North face hoodies worked out about £23 each
Calvin Klein polo shirt £20
Under Armour shorts and t/shirts £14 - £18
Bare mineral make up sets £8
Did find that clothes were much more expensive than previous years, not taking into consideration the exchange rate, however still managed to get a few bargains.
gazadonna9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some really good bargains there, l managed to get 2 Tommy Hilfiger tops, a Ralph Lauren shirt and 2 pairs of jeans which were $7 a pair in Macys for $45.
Old 9 Jan 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Some really good bargains there, l managed to get 2 Tommy Hilfiger tops, a Ralph Lauren shirt and 2 pairs of jeans which were $7 a pair in Macys for $45.

I always find some bargains in Macy's, especially kids' clothes.