Notices

Old 31 Jul 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

The Pezzer Duo All Of The Food Photos...day 9 stitch & Friends Breakfast and Yak And Yeti

Today was Animal Kingdom Day but first we had a date with Stitch for breakfast ... one of our favourite characters.

Now last year we had a massive disappointment as Stitch didn't visit the tables we had to line up outside the breakfast and meet him there before eating. Eva was not impressed. The good news is Stitch is now beck in the restaurant being naughty and doing what he does best with the small ones.

You check in and line up outside to meet Pluto .. it wasn't so busy when we arrived no boards of hungry Stitch fans outside .. we saw Pluto straight away and then we got called in immediately.

We got served a bin sticky bun thing which was so good I ate most of it with my coffee waiting for the main event and a small blue alien.

Up next was a skillet which was served family style or a big plate in the middle of the table and everyone dig in (this means Eva grabs ALL of the sausages and tough luck if you ain't quick enough). Lots of opportunity to stab your family members in the finger when they get too close to the sausage.

The skillet had a carved ham with a salsa (pineapple) potato wedges, Stitch waffles, a scone (sorry biscuit), scrambled egg and apparently sausage.

They do bring more of anything you ask for so I did get a second portion of sausage and was allowed one of them.

Oh we got a platter of fruit which we shamefully didn't touch. It was mostly pineapple which neither of us are keen on.

The characters here are Lilo, Stitch and Mickey.

They do spend a bit of time with each table it's not a sign and dash like a lot of the breakfasts have been. Stitch was funny and cheeky and Eva loved him.

Every so often the characters do a parade around the place with the kiddos shaking their maracas.

Eva said this was the best character breakfast and the best sausages. The food here was pretty good and we did have a laugh at an incident on the table next door where the dad had a massive strip as they didn't have bacon (there was carved ham instead). He got a manager over and told her to go to another restaurant and get him his morning bacon. He didn't get any bacon. Not in the format he wanted anyway ...

We got to Animal Kingdom about 9.30 and we had a brilliant day there. We managed to see a few characters we didn't see there last year including Timon who was great fun.

It wasn't too busy this morning ... although by about 2pm it was jam packed.

We managed to ride Kali rapids and Everest in stand by pretty quickly. Kali is better since the refurb you now get a much better soaking which we rather enjoyed. No ponchos for us on the wet rides.

We also rode FOP (best ride anywhere ever) Everest again and Dinosaur on fast pass then Everest again, kali again, primeval Whirl then it was time for more food ...

We didn't make a reservation for today and I have to admit it felt good to not be on a schedule and stop to eat when we felt hungry.

By 3pm we were ready for a giant feed up so headed to Yak and Yeti armed with my Landry card.

The Landry card is obtained before you go by signing up online. You pay $25 but get that back in the form of a $25 credit on the card. There is also a birthday bonus but I muffed that right up when I first signed up a couple of years ago so my birthday is now forever in May.

We showed our card at the packed podium and I kid you not we were called through less than 20 seconds later.

The Yak is a firm favourite of mine. It's my kind of food.

The menu is huge so there is something for everyone.

I wanted to try the tuna nachos but as Eva won't eat her tuna unless it's out of a tin in brine that was off the cards.

To start we had the spicy shrimp which was one of the best starters I've had on this trip. Plentiful and spicy with sriracha.. my idea of food heaven. I've had this every year and won't deviate from this starter for as long as I can't have the tuna.

Eva chose the spring rolls which cane as a plate of 3 it them and they are huge. They come with a sweet chilli sauce but Eva asked for ketchup ...

She managed one and a half of these and said they were good.

The mains we ordered were teriyaki chicken with skewered vegetables and subbed fried rice for ginger rice for Eva.

For me was the ribs which came with skinny chips and a kimchi slaw.

Then my worst bugbear in Disney happened.

I'd literally eaten two prawns when our mains turned up. Server could clearly see we had barely started but still went to put the mains on our small table. Obviously I sent the food away. He kept coming back to look if we'd finished which really got my goat. I wanted to ask him if he needed to pull up a seat and watch us eat he came over that many times. I allowed Mrs Stubborn to come out to play and ate my starter in slow motion. I really savoured my starter and we took our time as I just knew that main was sitting on the pass waiting for us to finish.

Sure enough the minute I put my fork down the mains appeared ... the same ones I'd sent back over ten minutes earlier. Needless to say, they were sent back and fresh plates requested. Is it just me being fussy or does anyone else hate that? I often order my starter and wait to order mains but today I didn't ... lesson learned for me I guess.

Anyway back to the food ...

Eva loved her main. The skewered pineapple was evicted from her plate but she ate all of the rest of her food and said it was one of her fave meals and it was nice to see her take a steak break .

I enjoyed my ribs a lot. They had a little hint of spice and were covered in a tasty bbq glaze. I ate the lot. The slaw was ok not kimchi at all I'd say it was more of a salad dressing type vinegar dressing but I'm just being picky😊

So apart from the timing of the food we enjoyed the Yak again. I do prefer my main last tear which was the Malaysian seafood curry but it was as good to try something else from the menu.

We couldn't face pudding again so we used 1 credit each and went off to walk off the stodge around the park.

We had a stroll around the shops doing a bit of pin trading before another fast pass on Kilimanjaro safari (no lions today) we did get to see all the giraffes up close which was cool. Next up Everest again, more Dinosaur and we finished with It's Tough to be a Bug. This was the first time we had seen this ... it's great! No spoilers but I did shriek and jump out of my seat near the end ...

By now it was 8pm and my feet were broken. So back to the bus and a decision to eat food from the canteen at Riverside...

I have to tell you about our super cool bus driver coming home.

Normally our bus journey consists of: me moaning about sore trotters, Eva moaning that she's cold, both of us moaning about standing up, if by a random moment of luck we get a seat Eva crashing to sleep on me and me moaning that her head is too bony and digging in my shoulder.

Tonight we got Anthony the driver. He got off the bus and chatted to everyone getting on the bus and did a pin trade with Eva which meant there was no moaning on the bus when we got on. He then did a trivia quiz all the way back to the hotel (which we won being Disney geeks) .. it was great he was really engaging and everyone joined in so the bus journey was a pleasant one with zero chance for us to get some good old British whinging in. Our prize for winning all the quizzes was a Disney bus token.

We got back to our room and changed shoes then went down to the food court to grab some grub to take back upstairs as were were super tired.

Eva got a flatbread which is her go to tired comfort food and I decided to try the make your own pasta. I chose Alfredo sauce with chicken and added spinach, peas and spinach.

I wasn't expecting much from this as most of the stuff is pre made frozen stuff but I was really pleasantly surprised. The pasta dish was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was nice to just chill with comfort food in front of the tv with a glass of wine and moan about my sore feet.

We really enjoyed today and it was good to get a full day in the park without any rain at all (I think there may have been a bit of rain whilst we were in Tough to be a Bug but we missed it)

Tomorrow we have decided to allow Mum Morning which entails me loafing around the pool with my as yet unread book where I must try a few of the pool bar cocktails for research purposes as the Dibbers require full feedback on all the hotel has to offer right?
We have a late lunch booking at Teppan Edo so I can have real food before we head over to the dreaded Mickeys Backyard BBQ ... it's an annual tradition. The food is really bad but she loves the interaction which is outstanding and the all inclusive drinks for me are essential.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Pez01 - 31 Jul 18 2:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We are doing ‘Ohana on our first morning, there’s a part of me that thinks we should do Kona instead but we have eaten there more recently than we have ‘Ohana. I just think the breakfast is a bit uninspiring, I’m glad you enjoyed it though. I am even gladder that the manager did not get that guest his bacon, he should have read the menu before he came. What a tool!

I’m glad you asked for fresh meals to be prepared, I hate food being sat under a food lamp, especially fries.

A productive day at Animal Kingdom, I can’t believe you hadn’t seen It’s Tough to be a Bug before.

I won’t here a word against Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, it’s like heaven to me!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to the cocktail review😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 1 Aug 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We are doing ‘Ohana on our first morning, there’s a part of me that thinks we should do Kona instead but we have eaten there more recently than we have ‘Ohana. I just think the breakfast is a bit uninspiring, I’m glad you enjoyed it though. I am even gladder that the manager did not get that guest his bacon, he should have read the menu before he came. What a tool!

I’m glad you asked for fresh meals to be prepared, I hate food being sat under a food lamp, especially fries.

A productive day at Animal Kingdom, I can’t believe you hadn’t seen It’s Tough to be a Bug before.

I won’t here a word against Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, it’s like heaven to me!
I would agree that the breakfast is a bit boring ... we only go for the characters ... I’d like to try Kona next year and I’m also keen to try the grand Floridian cafe ...

Ha ha the BBQ was quite fun actually Eva loved it and it wasn’t too busy ...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I would agree that the breakfast is a bit boring ... we only go for the characters ... I’d like to try Kona next year and I’m also keen to try the grand Floridian cafe ...

Ha ha the BBQ was quite fun actually Eva loved it and it wasn’t too busy ...
I've swapped to Kona , I just wasn't feeling much excitement about 'Ohana, the last time we ate there I basically ate the bread and the fruit as my breakfast.

Grand Floridian Cafe is very nice, I've always wanted to do breakfast there. They serve the breakfast and lunch menus simultaneously all day, we went for lunch and my OH had an omelette, he really liked it and the breakfast potatoes were really nice too.

I'm really disappointed they removed the citrus pancakes from the menu as I've always wanted to try them. Another place we would be going back to if I didn't know for a fact we'll be sick of TS breakfasts after 7 in a row.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a great day, apart from the over zealous waiter!