Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Oct 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
So sorry to hear you're having so many issues, Sam.
Have they at least offered you anything for the crash? And are you still stuck in the same room?
We’ve moved rooms but maintenance have to come today to sort out furniture issues ( we can’t use certain drawers as they just keep opening on their own ) and a socket is missing , and there’s writing all over the Murphy bed.
At $320 a night not exactly deluxe standards imo but I’m not moving again . Ds magic band issue still isn’t exactly sorted but they offered a credit to go get another one , they told us to go to resort shop and chose one but guess what the resorts don’t sell magic bands ( they couldn’t understand why they sent him to the shop ) so that has been a bit of a farce as he still can’t use one after 2 nights. Surely they have some behind the desk if even just a plain one , but apparently not
They have offered a 1 night room refund for the previous room and the MB issues which I am happy with but still need to go and speak to a guy who left us a message last night. He wants a chat with me about making our trip magical again but if I’m honest I have no idea how they possibly could . I never ask for things as I just expect things to be right or out right which 50% they have done.
The trash We had to leave our home address details and contacts before we left the bus , I presume for insurance purposes and one lady was seen to by the paramedics so we are hoping she was ok . When we finally got back to Resort they asked for our room number , I was so tempted to say 666 !
So our ak plans have gone today, we’ve cancelled morning and lunch adrs as well so we could at least rest this morning ( no idea how we are going to get through the dxddp now . We are supposed to be doing a Dvc tour at copper creek this aft but I’ll see how everyone feels when we are up fully .
It’s certainly been eventful ! But mk yesterday was lovely and so were all our meals , we didn’t have a bad one or server so it's like ying and yang.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve moved rooms but maintenance have to come today to sort out furniture issues ( we can’t use certain drawers as they just keep opening on their own ) and a socket is missing , and there’s writing all over the Murphy bed.
At $320 a night not exactly deluxe standards imo but I’m not moving again . Ds magic band issue still isn’t exactly sorted but they offered a credit to go get another one , they told us to go to resort shop and chose one but guess what the resorts don’t sell magic bands ( they couldn’t understand why they sent him to the shop ) so that has been a bit of a farce as he still can’t use one after 2 nights. Surely they have some behind the desk if even just a plain one , but apparently not
They have offered a 1 night room refund for the previous room and the MB issues which I am happy with but still need to go and speak to a guy who left us a message last night. He wants a chat with me about making our trip magical again but if I’m honest I have no idea how they possibly could . I never ask for things as I just expect things to be right or out right which 50% they have done.
The trash We had to leave our home address details and contacts before we left the bus , I presume for insurance purposes and one lady was seen to by the paramedics so we are hoping she was ok . When we finally got back to Resort they asked for our room number , I was so tempted to say 666 !
So our ak plans have gone today, we’ve cancelled morning and lunch adrs as well so we could at least rest this morning ( no idea how we are going to get through the dxddp now . We are supposed to be doing a Dvc tour at copper creek this aft but I’ll see how everyone feels when we are up fully .
It’s certainly been eventful ! But mk yesterday was lovely and so were all our meals , we didn’t have a bad one or server so it's like ying and yang.
Wow
Hopefully a quiet morning will help. Maybe you can get an ADR in the Boardwalk area for breakfast or lunch so you don't have to venture too far from the room?

Fingers crossed they can restore the magic for you today!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Hope things are going better now Sam and that's your only blip xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I would be suggesting another couple of nights credit and special experience fastpasses every day for the rest of your stay would go someway to restoring the magic. Alternatively, if you're planning on returning next year, suggest upgrading you all to AP's would help.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
With all the problems on the build up to your holidays I'm so sorry that so far apart from MK you're not having a "magical experience" or the deluxe start to your trip you so deserved. Hope they manage to come up with some pixie dust and appropriate compensation to restore your faith and that from now on things improve.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Mobile

We were on the following bus as we didn't quiet fit on your bus, about 5 people to many.
We have had similar issues in BC. Our DS band was charging to the room fine during our POFQ stay but once we moved to BC it stopped charging. It took 5 visits to front desk to get it fixed. We had issues with our first room and were moved (as per my post) but the BC rooms aren't the best and with a 1 inch gap under the door you hear everything happening in the corridor.

I hope you get your issues resolved and I advise you to complete the insurance claims during your stay for the crash, if you want to proceed down that route, but that will take up some of your time.

Out of interest, what were you offered for the DVC tour?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Writing on the Murphy Bed is poor. Fancy anyone doing that. We had a self opening drawer at POFQ years ago. Had to prop a suitcase in front of it all week! Sorry about the bus crash and Magic Band. You’ve had a bad run how annoying for you. If it was me I’d be keeping everything crossed for lots of extra FP as I love all the rides. Let us know how you get on. I hope it’s all sorted now.
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Hope you are feeling alright and able to enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List