Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Oct 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

When to book the Swan/Dolphin?

Hello Everyone.

We are planning our honeymoon next year (end of September) and quite fancy the Dolphin hotel for a week/10 days. As its a special occasion I was hoping to try and get a room upgrade but nearly all of the deals through trivago or even on Disney direct are only for a standard double. I then had a look on the Dolphin website but the prices are really, really high! (£300 a night!) I was just wondering if its likely that these prices will come down a little nearer the time or if more rooms will be released to the UK hotel sites?
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

There is no way of telling if prices will go down, if anything I think they will go up due to all the brexit nonsense the pound will fall against the dollar pushing prices up. The swan and dolphin are over rated in my opinion, there are some nice hotels by Disney Springs have u looked there
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
Hello Everyone.

We are planning our honeymoon next year (end of September) and quite fancy the Dolphin hotel for a week/10 days. As its a special occasion I was hoping to try and get a room upgrade but nearly all of the deals through trivago or even on Disney direct are only for a standard double. I then had a look on the Dolphin website but the prices are really, really high! (£300 a night!) I was just wondering if its likely that these prices will come down a little nearer the time or if more rooms will be released to the UK hotel sites?
I've always fancied the Swan or the Dolphin too, great proximity to EPCOT and not so expensive as the nearby Disney hotels . I really don't know if the prices on the Swan and Dolphin websites will come down. It might be worth contacting them to ask if having booked with a third party for a standard room you could then pay the hotel direct for an upgrade either in advance or on check in? It's not quite the same but I have previously booked a standard room through a third party at hard rock and paid the hotel direct to upgrade to club level. HTH
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by may View Post
I've always fancied the Swan or the Dolphin too, great proximity to EPCOT and not so expensive as the nearby Disney hotels . I really don't know if the prices on the Swan and Dolphin websites will come down. It might be worth contacting them to ask if having booked with a third party for a standard room you could then pay the hotel direct for an upgrade either in advance or on check in? It's not quite the same but I have previously booked a standard room through a third party at hard rock and paid the hotel direct to upgrade to club level. HTH
Thanks-I was thinking if that might be a possibility as well.

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The swan and dolphin are over rated in my opinion, there are some nice hotels by Disney Springs have u looked there
TBH, I do think there are nicer resorts (from what I've seen) but its really the location that is important to us. To be able to walk to Epcot, HW Studios, Boardwalk area is so appealing!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Worth having a look on trip advisor when the dates become available as expedia seems to offer different room types. Also worth checking cash back sites so see if you can reduce cost that way. Happy planning 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
If it's the location you are particularly taken with it might be worth seeing whether you could rent DVC points for a standard view at Boardwalk Villas. That might be considered a little nicer than Swolphin and BWV standard view is very good value as DVC points go. Its probably very popular but you are around the 11th month window if you can find someone who owns there and wishes to rent.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Swan/Dolphin is a big convention hotel, if you see a price you like I would go for it, as if a convention is booked in later the room rate rises big time.

Join Starwood rewards will get you a slight upgrade, but not a suite. Rember the resort fee and Carparking charge on top of any rate, they are quite significant.