Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Nov 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Hotel near Disney for 2 nights, recommendations please.

Think I am being over fussy I’m looking for a hotel for 4 adults with a pool, free parking, free WiFi and possibly a free breakfast if I can find somewhere, without resort fees near to Disney.

Any suggestions/recommendations please? I have been looking for ages but as soon as I find something, I then read a review that makes me change my mind.

We are only staying for 2 nights between our flight and our Disney hotel stay but want something nice without costing a fortune
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs_dlw
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am (was) exactly the same. I was looking for a cheap one night on arrival before checking into Disney. I was happy with cheap and cheerful (it is literally somewhere to rest our heads for a few hours!) but found myself getting put off by negative reviews. In the end we have booked Palazzo Lakeside in Kissimmee it’s only a 2.5 star but has good reviews and has all the things you have asked for! x
Animal Kingdom Lodge / RPR - October 2015
mrs_dlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I would book a couple of nights at a Disney value hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Following, as I'm looking for a 1 night hotel as well.
Old 3 Nov 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The Red Lion gets decent reviews for cheap, clean and safe. I understand it is close.
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I wanted the same this summer. I’d got 2 nights to ‘fill’ from arriving to our first hotel onsite. I actually ended up booking AoA little ,mermaid room. Was really good price in my view £150 a night. We had no stress so we could get magical express (meant I had a drink on the plane too) and when we arrived we were upgraded to a cars suite. It was totally amazing... of course we would have liked this to book it was out our price range.
It meant we had a day chilling round the pool and resort... amazing if you haven’t been. And then we went to springs for the afternoon. Our park tickets weren’t valid until the next hotel. It was a bit of a lazy day and very different from our normal up and out at park for rope drop but actually was a fantastic start. I’d definitely recommend it if you want to extend your Disney fix.
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thanks all for your suggestions. We are flying in to Tampa so have a car. I have also discovered I have about 50000 avios so am now looking to use those instead of paying cash so up to about 25000 per night which is making my search even harder. I have lists with loads now crossed out

Aggghhh, anyone would think I am looking for something to live in forever, not just a couple of nights
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List