Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I tweeted VA and they got back to me within the hour but still haven’t confirmed cancellation of our 29 July flight.

@VirginAtlantic can you please confirm that my MAN-MCO flight on 29 July is cancelled as routesonline.com shows you resuming Manchester flights to Orlando on 2 August?

Hi Steve, we are currently reviewing our schedules and information on exactly which flights/routes are to be definitely cancelled or changed will be communicated over the next few days. Please take a look here for more information; ow.ly/AHIl30qRR3c ^MW

Edit: Flight now cancelled

Edited at 02:34 PM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I tweeted VA and they got back to me within the hour but still haven’t confirmed cancellation of our 29 July flight.

@VirginAtlantic can you please confirm that my MAN-MCO flight on 29 July is cancelled as routesonline.com shows you resuming Manchester flights to Orlando on 2 August?

Hi Steve, we are currently reviewing our schedules and information on exactly which flights/routes are to be definitely cancelled or changed will be communicated over the next few days. Please take a look here for more information; ow.ly/AHIl30qRR3c ^MW
They keep contradicting things. Just seen this latest twitter reply...

We are reviewing our schedules over the next few months, and currently the next flight scheduled for MAN-MCO is the 2nd of August. However, this could change. ^MW
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie

Mobile

I’ve just had the cancellation email from Virgin - 30 July.
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were due to fly out from MAN on 24th July (booked via KLM codeshare) - been checking on the App for a few weeks now.
Checked today - states flights cancelled.
Time to get on the refund carousel...
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
All at sea
Trying for More Ears

Just received the email to say my mums flight on the 20th July from Manchester has been cancelled. Can now start the refund process 🙄
All at sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

They have now cancelled our 29 July flight.

Hello,

You may have seen the news recently that we’ve been making changes to our flying programme. Covid-19 has had a big impact on travel, and this means we’ve had to respond by consolidating our flights, and removing some from our schedule.
As a result, we’re sorry to let you know that your flight VS75 on 29 Jul 2020 has been cancelled.
We understand how much you would have been looking forward to your trip, so we’ve updated our rebooking policies to ensure you have the flexibility you need. To make things as easy as possible and provide you with immediate peace of mind, we will automatically keep your ticket open as credit for you to use for travel any time up to 30th September 2022, with no fee to change your booking.If you choose to travel on the same route up to 30th November 2020, we’ll also waive any potential fare differences. If you need to alter your travel plans, or would like someone else to benefit from your booking you can change the passenger names too.

There’s absolutely no rush to make a decision right now. We suggest you keep your booking reference as confirmation of your credit and when you’re ready to rebook, we’re here for you. Just let us know when and where you’d like to travel here, and our team will be back in touch to complete your booking.

With our customer centre teams working from home due to government regulations, with limited infrastructure and availability, our phone lines are very busy right now. The quickest way for us to get you rebooked is to let us know through the form on the website. For more details on the available options and any further questions, please check our latest up to date information here.
We're very grateful for your patience and understanding right now, and are really looking forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Until then, stay safe and stay well.

Corneel Koster
Chief Customer Officer | Virgin Atlantic
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial

Mobile

Anyone booked through Virgin Holidays had any emails saying their flight has been cancelled?
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Anyone booked through Virgin Holidays had any emails saying their flight has been cancelled?
Following.. I’m waiting to hear for September . I also know the holiday I booked for Barbados for next May is leaving on 3rd not 4th looking at vs site ... Not heard anything from vh who I booked for both holidays.
I feel for everyone who has put so much into their holidays . We are grateful when we see those that have lost loved ones . There will be some more in need of a break esp those that have worked through all of this..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Not yet. We were 22nd July man-mco. Can't wait for it because I want to book with disney direct for next year.

Helen.
hjanea46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

VA tweet

I am so sorry to hear your flights from Glasgow have been cancelled, our Manchester to Orlando flights have been cancelled from 20 July 2020 – 1 August 2020. If you wish to re book please contact our team direct.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List