Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

On the Saturday just gone when they announced no flights from GLA I filled in the netflights refund request form. Wasn't going to wait for them to tell me the flights have been cancelled when Virgin announced it themselves and no longer have my booking on their system. On Netflights MyTrip page my booking is showing and they're saying I need to enter my API details a few days before my flights go ha.

Had another flight booked direct with virgin on same aircraft and sent Virgin WhatsApp and text saying refund please since don't want open tickets.

Currently haven't heard back from neither of the them.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
Have ppl booked for mid September had any notification from virgin that the flight is cancelled? I know it is cancelled but since we booked through Netflights I’m just wondering if va are actually informing ppl directly before I contact Netflights.
We’re netflights from Glasgow end off sept and we havnt been told anything either. I’m hoping to be offered alternative flights so have emailed but obviously not heard back as yet! Wonder when netflights are going to tell us?! Have virgin confirmed to people their flights are cancelled? Xx
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

I’m Netflights for VA October and have heard nothing either. Phoned Netflights this afternoon and was told to submit their online cancellation form to start the refund process.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
We’re netflights from Glasgow end off sept and we havnt been told anything either. I’m hoping to be offered alternative flights so have emailed but obviously not heard back as yet! Wonder when netflights are going to tell us?! Have virgin confirmed to people their flights are cancelled? Xx
Virgin sent me an email for my directly booked flights it's cancelled and since its the same flights as my other netflights booked one I'd presume they have told netflights as well. Netflights just not told me yet.

I had to pick the 2 companies with the worst customer service. Typical. Sounds like BA have been doing a far better job with their customers.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Can I ask what people booked through Virgin Holidays are planning to do about the schedule change for 2021? We are currently booked May 22nd to June 5th 2021 but under the new schedule we'd be forced to come home on Friday the 4th of June instead.

I know it's only a day but we had to cancel this year so not keen to lose any of the holiday!

Considering switching to Manchester to be honest!
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We managed to get through to VH this afternoon and have rebooked on LHR to Miami for the same dates! 👍🏻
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Eiliko View Post
Can I ask what people booked through Virgin Holidays are planning to do about the schedule change for 2021? We are currently booked May 22nd to June 5th 2021 but under the new schedule we'd be forced to come home on Friday the 4th of June instead.

I know it's only a day but we had to cancel this year so not keen to lose any of the holiday!

Considering switching to Manchester to be honest!
We are booked for next year too - supposed to fly out Fri 30th Apr & return Fri 14th May, but with them not flying out on Friday's anymore I thought they would be moving us to fly out on Sat 1st May and would need to lose a days holiday.

Last Wed was our date for booking our flight seats & when I logged in the return flight date was the same (although it was a few hours later taking off) but they had changed our outbound flight to Wed 28th April, so essentially giving us 2 extra days... but they haven't changed the hotel booking, so we've nowhere to stay the extra 2 nights. Not to mention we'll need to take extra annual leave, which we're lucky enough shouldn't be an issue but that won't be the case for everyone. Plus pay for the extra nights I presume. They've also added an extra random passenger to our booking!

The date your able to book your seats is when you'll find out what they have changed you to, then you'll just get a random email saying they have updated your booking

We've decided to give it a few weeks to see if it sorts itself out, as I know they won't prioritise our booking so far in advance, if not I'll try pop into the VH store at Braehead as I'd rather speak to someone face to face & get it all sorted out x

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sent WhatsApp to Virgin on 20th June asking for refund. They responded on 24th asking what I wanted to do so again asked for refund and they started the process off immediately. Just got to wait the 120 days now.
Old 24 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

Booked with Dreamworld travel for flights Glasgow to Orlando Nov 2020. Still haven't been advised by them that flight is cancelled so sent whatsapp to Virgin. Got a reply today to say I had to deal with booking agent. I asked what my choices were ...to have a voucher issued or book another route but was curtly told they could not help, just contact booking agent. I have already had serious issues with Dreamworld travel so really just wanted to know what my rights were before I contact them .
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
saw dog
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
They didn't. It was VS71 from Glasgow. Was initially schedule for the Friday at 1130am then they schedule changed to saturday flights. Delta would have been DL266 or something like that at 1pm departure.
Software issue that shows Delta. Mines had Delta too however booked direct on VA
saw dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List