Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lesley1960 View Post
if Trump gets rejected my Twitter account will mean I'm banned lol
Is that meant to be re-elected rather than rejected?

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Yeah, he was being honest as he uses a walking stick & has fibromyalgia. He phoned whomever and was told to reapply with a no. It worked out fine in the end.
Personally, I would say if he was being honest then he should've answered "no". He's not a threat to anyone.

The question isn't asking if he is disabled.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Personally, I would say if he was being honest then he should've answered "no". He's not a threat to anyone.

The question isn't asking if he is disabled.
Are you implying he wasn't being honest? The way we interpreted to us was it was a question that had multiple options where a physical disability/disorder was lumped in with other things with no option to give a further explanation. If it said do any of these conditions pose a threat to other people that would of been clearer. Why would someones physical disorder be a threat to someone? A physical disorder can mean a disability.

Edited at 03:26 PM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Are you implying he wasn't being honest?
No. I simply meant I would've answered differently and still have been honest.

You can be honest and answer differently, depending on how you interpret the question.

If it said do any of these conditions pose a threat to other people that would of been clearer. Why would someones physical disorder be a threat to someone? A physical disorder can mean a disability.
I was merely pointing out that the question asks whether the person has a physical or mental disorder that may pose or has posed a threat. It states to answer 'no' if the physical or mental disorder does not include associated behaviour that may pose a threat. It doesn't simply ask if the person has a physical or mental disorder.

So if he has a physical disorder and it does not pose a threat then he should answer 'no'. According to the rules.

It's a bit like the question asking about whether you've been arrested or convicted for a crime. It only applies to *serious* crimes, not minor misdemeanours.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

No. I simply meant I would've answered differently and still have been honest.

You can be honest and answer differently, depending on how you interpret the question.

I was merely pointing out that the question asks whether the person has a physical or mental disorder that may pose or has posed a threat. It states to answer 'no' if the physical or mental disorder does not include associated behaviour that may pose a threat. It doesn't simply ask if the person has a physical or mental disorder.

So if he has a physical disorder and it does not pose a threat then he should answer 'no'. According to the rules.

It's a bit like the question asking about whether you've been arrested or convicted for a crime. It only applies to *serious* crimes, not minor misdemeanours.
Do you have a physical or mental disorder; or are you a drug abuser or addict; or do you currently have any of the following diseases (communicable diseases are specified pursuant to section 361(b) of the Public Health Service Act): Cholera, Diphtheria, Tuberculosis infectious, Plague, Smallpox, Yellow Fever, Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers, including Ebola, Lassa, Marburg, Crimean-Congo, Severe acute respiratory illnesses capable of transmission to other persons and likely to cause mortality

That above does not say does your physical disorder pose a threat to usa health care or for whatever reason. They really should take the physical disorder out or really re word to make the question. Everything shouldn't be lumped in together. People do get caught out on that question the most because of the physical disorder bit as people do interpret that as for example, wheelchair or walking stick user. This is what the guy on the other end of the phone said when my husband phoned up to sort it out. He has dyslexia too which doesn't help with questions put out as above.

Edited at 04:41 PM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
That above does not say does your physical disorder pose a threat to usa health care or for whatever reason. They really should take the physical disorder out or really re word to make the question. Everything shouldn't be lumped in together. People do get caught out on that question the most because of the physical disorder bit as people do interpret that as for example, wheelchair or walking stick user. This is what the guy on the other end of the phone said when my husband phoned up to sort it out. He has dyslexia too which doesn't help with questions put out as above.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to point out. I'm trying to clarify that he's not supposed to click "yes" just because he may be disabled.

When filling in the ESTA, if you click on where it says, "Need additional guidance on eligibility questions?", it states the following:

"Answer "No" if:
You have or had a physical or mental disorder without associated behavior that may pose or has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare of that of others; or
You had a physical or mental disorder with associated behavior that posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others, but that behavior is unlikely to recur".

So the information is in the form, if you read the whole form including the additional information.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Are you implying he wasn't being honest? The way we interpreted to us was it was a question that had multiple options where a physical disability/disorder was lumped in with other things with no option to give a further explanation. If it said do any of these conditions pose a threat to other people that would of been clearer. Why would someones physical disorder be a threat to someone? A physical disorder can mean a disability.
Hiya April - I wanted to give you the re Nimbus, he's a very helpful bloke and wouldn't have meant any offence

With ESTA a yes answer to the questions is an immediate denial, some discovered this the hard way when using their puters TAB button before clicking away from the questions as it changed no to yes. From memory there's only a couple of questions the DHS will reset so one can make ESTA application again, other 'yes' mistakes will not be reset and one has no option, it's the B2 visa route.

Have a smashing holiday April
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya April - I wanted to give you the re Nimbus, he's a very helpful bloke and wouldn't have meant any offence
Yes, no offence meant. Sorry if it came across that way.

I’m sometimes annoyingly pedantic and/or sometimes don’t explain myself very well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 23 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, no offence meant. Sorry if it came across that way.

I’m sometimes annoyingly pedantic and/or sometimes don’t explain myself very well.
Its OK. Sometimes it's hard to read someones meaning over the Internet. I dont explain myself very well either.