Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I booked flights for Feb 2021. When I booked flights 6 months ago I was in no doubt Covid issues would be long gone. Now I'm pretty sure I won't be going.

I've booked with my DVC points 6 nights at AKL and 4 nights at OKW

I'm not concerned about the virus, if flight is going and border is open i'm getting on it.

I'm not getting park tickets as no park hopping and water parks will be closed. Might get a 2 day ticket at last minute or Universal ticket. But won't be spending a penny until its 100% certain the trip is going ahead.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would love to book multiple trips (planning at least three trips) but not booking anything yet. I will likely wait to see what happens and book last minute.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I had booked Las Vegas for April but I cancelled it. I have now started to spreadsheet plan WDW for April or December. I am not quite ready to book, although it would be an Avios flight so fully refundable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would love to book multiple trips (planning at least three trips) but not booking anything yet. I will likely wait to see what happens and book last minute.
That idea holds good unless with the lifting of restrictions, you get trampled in the rush as hundreds of thousands of other frustrated vacationers surge towards the booking sites.

In the event of the above, that demand may price the vacations beyond the reach of many.

With that in mind, I have booked early (and paid) for next August as I am wary of a collapsing exchange rate over Brexit and will cancel with no loss if necessary. I have done this twice and have now booked a third time. The key is to only book with companies that have shown a willingness to comply with consumer law, should refunds become an issue.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:48 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
macgasbp
Apprentice Imagineer

I moved my May 20 trip to May 21 and have booked another trip for Oct 21 - I made the decision based on a couple of things with price being the main reason as I believe if we can overcome COVID to some sort of normality and flights resume the prices will increase greatly maybe making it unaffordable some people. The other factor was so far the airlines have been very flexible and if all else fails we can move it again without any charges ...
macgasbp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have 4 holidays booked for next year, one was booked pre covid and the others more recently but all packages with deposits and/or hotels on cancellable rates.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

We have flights and villa booked for the end of June 2021, they have been since our June flights were cancelled this year and we just moved our villa booking.

We have yet to buy park tickets as we have yet to decide what we are doing about parks. The park tickets are a lot of money, for half the experience, so we are holding off to see what time brings
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’m meant to be there currently but have re-booked for July 2021. We booked a package direct with Disney as I have been Put of Virgin and have had my own refund issues with BA have only had great service from Disney so far. We have paid deposit only and won't pay it off until it's due in April.

I know it might not happen but I personally wanted not only to have something to look forward too but also figured it would be much cheaper booking now when everyone else isn’t booking versus how much the prices will shoot up as soon as they announce restrictions are lifted!

I know it might get cancelled, and I’m mentally prepared for that, but I think you also need something to look forward to.

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 10:26 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

We have rebooked our cancelled October trip to easter 2021, booked a package this time with BA rather than the usual DIY we would go with. As previous dibbers have said it’s all changeable if needed if the restrictions are still in place and we got a decent price! Happy to have something to half look forward to again and if we have to rebook we will move to October and so on until we can go again
Old 20 Sep 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
We have flights and villa booked for the end of June 2021, they have been since our June flights were cancelled this year and we just moved our villa booking.

We have yet to buy park tickets as we have yet to decide what we are doing about parks. The park tickets are a lot of money, for half the experience, so we are holding off to see what time brings
There are many, many things in the area that can be done as an alternative to the parks in the event that restrictions drive you away. We simply did the parks on our first few visits, but more recently have found 'other stuff', being more fun than the parks themselves.
Last years highlights were..
Rainbow River at Dunellon.
Horse trek at the Lazy H Ranch.
Delnor Wiggins State Park in Naples.
A totally different Airboat experience with Buffalo Tiger on the Tamiami.

You can see detail of all in the trip report attached to my signature.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List