Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Oct 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We've stayed at both and love both - there isn't a bad choice here.

Both are relatively close to the parks - you can walk from either or catch a boat if you prefer.

As a family of 4, we prefer the rooms at the Hard Rock - it felt as though we have more space when we add a rollaway, so the kids can each have their own bed. As you are planning we stay for longer than the classic "one night for 2 days Front of Line" so this is a factor. If it was just a 1-nighter, I suspect this would be less of an issue.

We're all sushi fans and love the Orchid Lounge at the RPR. I think we ate there on 4 out of 5 nights on our last stay, and is a big draw for us. It's not like you can't eat there if staying at the Hard Rock, but it would be a bit of hassle to get there.

We prefer the Hard Rock pool to the RPR pool, but both are nice.

At a push, for 6 nights, I think we'd go for the Hard Rock.
This.

If you have small kids who can share a double then RPR rooms dont feel too bad spacewise. As soon as you get into needing a rollaway then you seriously cut into some space and have to move the chair to put the bed down otherwise it can only go at the end of the bed and you have to hurdle it.

More space for the rollaway in HRH Def.

Also like the separate sink in HrH esp when going with 5. Easier to move around overall.

Like the pool for winning in at RPR but slide at HRH and pool bar and films.

But would happily stay at either. Rollaway issues and duration win though. One day or two days with rpr rollaway. Any more for me and HRH with rollaway.

Edited at 08:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have stayed in both on several occasions. RPR and at Club Level wins for us. You can certainly get your investment in Club Level back with no effort at all.

Both are excellent.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve stayed at both. Like both. Love the aesthetics at RPR, it’s very relaxed, but prefer the pool area at HRH, and the 5 min walk to the parks is fab, beds are super comfy in both, but would book HRH for the pool and the location.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Have stayed at both, out of the two the royal Pacific wins hands down, hard rock is very loud and brash with music played loudly til quite late at night, the royal Pacific of a calm oasis and its rooms are of a better standard also found the staff at hard rock to be a bit abrupt at times
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

HRH foe me, especially if you get the club rooms. Well worth It for the extras. Love the pool here and the beach bars around it. We generally stay for 4-5 days to make the most of it, I feel people miss so much enjoyment with only 1 nights stay.
Such a lovely stroll in the mid day sun to and from the parks
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed at both but prefer Royal Pacific. We did enjoy HRH and would stay there again but as others have said, RPR is so calm and relaxing. HRH is very much in your face although the pool is great and the restaurants are fab.
If you intend to spend most of your time in the parks then I'd stay RPR as it's a great place to return to and chill.

Just to add - our favourite is Portofino Bay!
POR34 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback, think you've helped settled it and we will go for RPR based on the 'relax and chill' vibe which would be ideal for us after a day at the parks
Disney Tokyo 2020
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have just booked RP for next year. We have teenagers and even they found Hardrock loud and prefer the laid back vibe for RP. However I just went with the cheapest when I booked. Our favourite is Portofino but it was a lot more expensive when I booked.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List