Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 06, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have no advice but am so sorry that you have all been through this today ,sending you lots of good wishes xxx
Old 22 Jun 06, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for all your lovely replies
Jordy is much better today - a little battered and bruised but eating chocolate like there s no tommorow xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 06, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure the chocolate will help

Ben also has Midazolam, given intra-nasally (he drools and foams at the mouth during seizures so oral meds would be ineffective). This is so much easier to cope with in public than the rectal injection Diazepam he used to need.

I am pleased to report that I actually had to dispose of the last batch as it had expired without us needing to use it.
Old 23 Jun 06, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust
I'm sure the chocolate will help

Ben also has Midazolam, given intra-nasally (he drools and foams at the mouth during seizures so oral meds would be ineffective). This is so much easier to cope with in public than the rectal injection Diazepam he used to need.

I am pleased to report that I actually had to dispose of the last batch as it had expired without us needing to use it.
That's brilliant news Lynn We have times where we have to use the Midazolam more than others, never yet had to throw any away though

I know what you mean about the Diazepam, I can't believe in our area Consultants aren't prescribing it - Joshy gets his from his Consultant in Sheffield (it's posted from Sheffield Children's Hospital) The Diazepam is more effective on Joshy's nighttime seizures so he still has it occasionally.

Caron
Old 23 Jun 06, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Laura, I know its hard at times and you just need a good moan to let it all out and to know others are sending you there best wishes.

I would agree with comments already about keeping dehydration at bay as it does get v hot at times. Also by taking time out during the day to rest even if its in a quiet part of a park might allow him to calm down and keep going.

Our son is only 4 and luckily for us his fits are fairly well controlled and usually when he wakes up ( although they are changing as he had one when eating and had to stop him choking on his food )

Let him have a little more chocolate as we know how medicinal that is for all of us and im sure you will love your holiday and come back beaming about it
Old 23 Jun 06, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread