Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Oct 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile Torn between two hotels

Hi folks, simple question Animal Kingdom Lodge with free dining plan or Port Orleans French Quarter with upgraded Quick service dining plan?
Thank you.
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

If you can go for a savannah view at AKL, then definitely AKL

if going savannah breaks the budget, the POFQ hands down

POFQ has the water taxi to DS, it's relaxed, you also can use the ammenities, pools , food court and all at POR
and the food courts at POFQ and POR are far superior to the mara at AKL

AKL has a different feel, and there are the animals, but you can still go visit if you don't stay there.

On my personnal opinion, I could not justify going for AKL in "parking view" (even praying for a partial savannah view) when I could go for a garden or even a river view at POFQ

I know some are different and will place AKL over POFQ no matter what ... but not me. I would need to get the savannah view to trade hotels
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Loved AKL and had partial savannah view with our standard room. Gorgeous hotel. However, we have booked POFQ for the 2nd time next year as we prefer the QSDP rather than full DDP. Lovely chilled resort. You can walk to Riverside and the boat to Disney Springs is brilliant.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We loved the savannah views at AKL, didn't find there to be much choice at The Mara for QS options, DS loved the pool.
POFQ much better choice in food court, peaceful, views lovely, can catch the boat to Riverside or Disney Springs.
We're returning to POFQ for 4 nights in December.
ScooterBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Savannah view is amazing...there's nothing quite like that first morning on the balcony.

But you're paying a hefty premium for that...a $200 a night premium. And when you're into the second week that's a lot of money for a brief seat with a coffee.

If I was only staying 1 or 2 nights then AKL all the way. For a longer stay then POFQ
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I would AKL, it is more immersive Disney for sure.

Enjoy yourself whatever you go for.

Disney332
Old 31 Oct 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I haven’t done PO, but we did savannah view AKL for 2 nights in 2016, it was a great view but for a deluxe it is out in the sticks and reliant on the buses (which were okay tbf) the savannah view was great, but the novelty would wear off. I couldn’t justify the price tag on it for more then a couple nights though (as mentioned the QS is a little lack lustre, but the same can be said for contemporary resort, it just has better connections for other food places) and certainly not for a ‘normal’ view, I would stick with POR, it’s got great access and looks gorgeous! (It’s on my list as a potential next time!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I haven’t stayed at either bit I have visited them both. I love the atmosphere at AKL and definitely need to stay there one day, so I would pick that. I wouldn’t pay much more for savannah view room, I will spend very little time looking out of my window.

I also don’t agree with the often expressed view that it is out of the way. According to my map, it is very much in the vicinity of everything else. It is the MK resorts that are furthest away from everything but MK. As I have visited it many times, I have utilised the bus services and they seem just the same as any other service.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve stayed at both and and am POFQ next year. I like it but I’d prefer AKL. We are going budget though. I am not of the view you have to spent all the extra cash for a savannah view at AKL to enjoy it. In fact I disagree. There are plenty of animal viewing places and for me I’m not in the room enough to warrant and extra 1k. We overlooked the front of the hotel but were as close to the lobby and shop and bus stop as it was possible to be. I was very happy with that. The pool at AKL is much bigger. For me it’s a proper hotel and the moderates are motels. Perfectly fine but I prefer a proper hotel feel cash allowing. There are also three excellent table service restaurants and an outstanding bar on site at AKL. My husband disagrees. Prefers POFQ 😂
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have stayed in both an AKL wins hands down for me , I had a partial Savannah view which was lovely I liked having table service restaurants on site if you are tired and just want to stay in the hotel. The housekeeping was far superior in AKL we certainly plan on revisiting this hotel

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List