Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Nov 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Another deluxe resort complaint

Just a rant really about Disney's awful housekeeping department. We're at the Contemporary and the bathroom fans weren't working in our room. It's an annoyance because the bathroom gets really damp when the at shower is on (including the wallpaper, yuck!).

I tried to report it to reception but nothing was done. I called maintenance and someone came out, did some stuff and said it was fixed. It wasn't. They came back while we were at dinner and left them still broken, but with no message. Rather helpfully they didn't use a sheet when they took down ceiling tiles though, so our entire bathroom was covered in dust.

It took us almost 2 hours to find out if/when they would be back and to get someone to clean the bathroom. This was particularly annoying because we needed to bathe our kids and both the bath and floor were filthy. The whole time we were waiting I was told "soon", "as soon as possible" rather than an actual time. I complained about the mess and poor communication to a manager who acted annoyed. He offered 3 fastpasses for the next day.

I used one of the fastpasses, then did child swap on another ride (my daughter did exactly the same). I went to use one of my remaining two and all of mine had disappeared. Very embarrassing, especially when my little one had finally agreed to try thunder mountain for the first time. The guy let us on but made me feel like I was chancing it. I spoke to reception who said it was probably a computer glitch and offered to give us more for today.

They came back yesterday and actually fixed the fans (yay?) but once again left the room in a mess. Helpfully they came after housekeeping had been. We got a manager down and he acted annoyed too. He offered $90 for the inconvenience and had the bathroom cleaned/towels replaced.

I checked my account this morning and neither the replacement fastpasses or the $90 credit are there. I'm not looking for compensation, but it's really annoying to be offered it and not even get it.

I am really disappointed by the lack of communication and their inability to manage expectations. I'm shocked that maintenance wouldn't try to cover their working area, or at least call housekeeping once they were finished. It doesn't feel like a "deluxe" experience and we certainly won't be back to this resort.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You would expect better customer service from any of the resorts, not just deluxe,and shouldn’t be leaving your room a mess. I would ask for an email address whilst you are there to try and resolve it.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It feels like there have been a lot of unhappy people in deluxe resorts recently.
We stayed at beach club for the third time in August and whilst our issues were fairly minor in the scheme of things my overall disappointment was that it didn’t feel like a luxury experience. We changed rooms while we were there and still weren’t really happy but not so much so that we’d have changed again or let it get in the way of the holiday. We went on to RPR for a couple of nights and this felt better which was the opposite to a previous visit.
I sent a polite letter expressing my unhappiness when we got home and was surprised to get a good response and compensation - as I say there was nothing major, just a disappointing feeling as a family who love BC
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

It's really wearing to have to complain again and again isn't it? Especially when you just want to get on and enjoy your holiday.

We had the same issue with the fp+

We were supposed to have 4 each but after we'd used the first ones the rest disappeared. It was embarrassing at the entrance to the next ride.

I was pretty cross by the time I spoke to a manager from the back office but he resolved all the issues.

Probably you need to be less British about it. You are right to be annoyed. Ask to speak to a resorts back office manager or if you can't face that a strongly worded email spelling out what you've told us.

Edited at 05:13 PM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

When we stayed at POFQ there was a letter in the room with an email address if you had any comments that went to the manager of the resort. Is there anything like that in your room? Luckily we didn't need it to complain, but I did email about the good service we had received from the cm's at the resort.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I have never had any particular room problems in a deluxe resort but I did have to kick up a stink and get moved in September as the Disney transport from the Wilderness Lodge was appalling, it made the stay intolerable for us.
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
When we stayed at POFQ there was a letter in the room with an email address if you had any comments that went to the manager of the resort. Is there anything like that in your room? Luckily we didn't need it to complain, but I did email about the good service we had received from the cm's at the resort.
We got a letter but it just had a survey link with a 500 character limit. I tried using it on Saturday and don't think it did anything. I have emailed Guest Relations so it's just a case of waiting to see what they have to say.
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope you get sorted. You really don’t need this on your holiday and a bit of pixie dust is due 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I hope you get sorted. You really don’t need this on your holiday and a bit of pixie dust is due 😊
I finally got the $90 credit after complaining to reception. We're moving to DVC tomorrow so hopefully no more drama!
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Speak to the manager at the front desk, and email the complaints/customer services in resort. They had a reply time of 1 week. I had a response within 2 hours.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List