Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
I'm thinking the accountant in the office has won this one
Can't see Melbourne charging anything close to MCO / TPA or indeed SAN
Tui have never flown into SAN, San Diego International Airport.

Do you mean SFB? Orlando Sanford International Airport

Edited at 09:03 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jadebe View Post
Further away, but might be quicker than having to cross Orlando?
Iti won't be any quicker.. From Sanford you go down the 417, from MLB its up the I95 and then on the 528 to the 417 or you take the US192 all the way across with all those traffic lights and single carriage way road.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

It would be interesting to hear the views of Andy from Discount Florida Car Hire on the move.
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I don't see how they would lose bookings over this, people will still book as it's a direct option to Florida, if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself on.

Those without cars that book with TUI have an option of a transfer as they do at Sanford, others that don't will do as they do at Sanford and look for airport transfers...if i was someone with a coach or a people carrier in the Melbourne area i'd be looking to set up an Orlando shuttle service at a cheaper price than Uber/Lyft, you'd make a killing.

The only downside of the drive in from Melbourne is you pass MCO, for the "look at what you could have won" moment.

EDIT: having read some more about this, it looks like TUI are looking to use this to sell up on cruises and open up potential for Miami/Fort Lauderdale travellers

Edited at 09:53 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Tui from Newcastle has always been too expensive for us. If but means a lower price then I’d be happy but I’m not holding my breath.

I know a lot of people will only fly from their local airport and want that direct option. The flights are always full. So I expect they won’t struggle to fill them even with the move.

this ^^

our dates direct from newcastle was £1000 pp now sold out

we got same date direct from glasgow £600 pp

its nuts but people will use more expensve option for the ease of using local airport

imo £1200 in my pocket for less "ease" is a no brainer... but hey ho

Edited at 09:48 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
We've been through MLB a couple of times and it was great.

Don't know how they will cope with international flights though.

For a kick off the car hire companies only had about 20 spaces each in an ordinary car park.

It's like Sanford was 25 years ago.

And transfers will be looong, especially for those who think they are flying to Orlando...
They have two and a bit years to increase their infrastructure. The rental company’s will insist on more space to cope with increased pax.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've also read this is to tie in with Tui and their cruises from port canaveral
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Tui have never flown into SAN, San Diego International Airport.

Do you mean SFB? Orlando Sanford International Airport
Hey RickT, I think you knew exactly what was meant there
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Why all the fuss? Many on here fly into Miami to get cheaper flights, and have a much longer drive.

I’d use TUI if the price was right.
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Why all the fuss? Many on here fly into Miami to get cheaper flights, and have a much longer drive.

I’d use TUI if the price was right.
Agreed. Not had to fly into Miami yet but considering it to keep costs down for next year. Also considering indirect. This is another option. Less convenient then MCO and probably Tampa but more convenient than Miami and indirect so it just depends on the costs. If it’s what they are currently charging to Sanford then probably I’d either go with a more convenient or a cheaper option
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List