Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I would book... if there is a 'war' or even the threat, all that will do is push up the price of oil which in turn will push up fuel prices...now airlines hedge their bets and commit to purchasing a set amount of fuel at a set price, but... if they think they can get away with charging more in the short term, they will!
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
Is anyone else having second thoughts about going to Florida this year with everything kicking off in the middle East? Ive got animal kingdom booked for this september, I was planning to book flights this weekend, but am beginning to think I should wait a few weeks and see what chaos Trump is going to unleash?
We're on Bokeelia, American's aren't concerned one iota re Iran, neither are we. Carry on with your plans//bookings, you'll be reet Jen
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Do you walk around with an umbrella open all year waiting for the rain?

It’s worrying times but if you wait for it to settle you’ll be waiting a lifetime
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I hope it puts lots of people off going... shorter queue times for me!

On a serious note my husband walked across London Bridge the day before (but at roughly the same time the cars deliberately drove into people) it’s heartbreaking when these things happen but you cannot let these things consume you
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I flew on a 747 3 months before it was blown up over Scotland

I flew on a british Midland aircraft 3 months before it crashed into the side of the M1 near Leicester

Neither of these stopped me travelling by air. After a crash - no matter how sad it may be - is often the safest way to fly.
Can you let me know when you're next flying (+3 months)?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
I hope it puts lots of people off going... shorter queue times for me!

On a serious note my husband walked across London Bridge the day before (but at roughly the same time the cars deliberately drove into people) it’s heartbreaking when these things happen but you cannot let these things consume you
I know the feeling, I thankfully missed the Westminster attack by around 30-40mins (in London on business). Makes you put things into perspective, but bad things can happen at any time and as you say, shouldn't let things consume you.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Sorry to put a downer on this rather blasé, gung-ho and comedic thread.

I worked in London during the Irish terrorist regime and wouldn’t wish the daily worry of having to take refuge away from office windows while a suspected bomb was investigated outside. Nor to have your office building bombed twice, the second time so badly that the insurers considered demolishing it.

Nor walked down Oxford St an hour before a bomb exploded. Nor drinking in a pub a couple of evenings a week but being lucky to avoid the exploding bomb because we didn’t drink there at lunchtime.

Not to forget the meetings I attended in The World Trade Center with the New York office of my U.K. clients. How lucky was I to have a guided tour of the roof and the iconic radio tower, luckily 1 year before it was blown to smithereens.

I won’t be going anywhere if this latest Trump initiative escalates.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

It hadn't crossed my mind to be honest.

We were supposed to go to Dubai last October with the in-laws but my father-in-law didn't want to go because of the tension at that time, personally I'd have gone without any issue. We went to Paris the day after the Charlie Hebdo attacks as well, had no problems at all aside from a few gun-toting army personnel around the major landmarks.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Never even crossed my mind.
Snap.

There's always bad guys trying to do bad things. Fortunately we have a lot of good guys trying to stop them, and largely succeeding.

And, even when the bad guys do succeed, the chances of you being in the wrong place at the wrong time are miniscule.

If I were assessing risk, I'd say you were more susceptible in London than going on holiday to WDW.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I would still be going. If I didn’t then I’d feel that the bad guys had won!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List