Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Shall80
Trying for More Ears

We're due to go towards the end of July and have written it off. We've booked EVERYTHING separately. So our family of 5 booked our flights and have paid deposit only, my parents booked their flights and paid the whole amount, they also booked my sisters and her partners and paid half. We've paid villa deposit also.

Hoping it all gets cancelled meaning we'd be automatically refunded (correct?) and then we'd try to move the villa rental to next year.

Very sad but just want life to get back to normal so a holiday is small fry
Shall80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are also supposed to go at the end of August. I think it's unlikely now but a tiny bit of hope remains.
I agree Trump doesn't seem to be taking it nearly seriously enough.
Ivegottadream is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

We’re due to go in August and I can’t tell you what a big deal this holiday was to us. However with the news from the US right now I’m really not sure I’d want to go. If things are less under control there than at home I won’t be putting my family at any additional risk for a holiday.

Time will tell though. It’s such a fast moving situation. Who knows where we’ll be !

Ps we’re also booked with Norwegian so if they go bust that will be the final straw.

Edited at 08:17 AM.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

June 21st, resigning ourselves that it is not happening, but hoping that it still might. We have contingency plans regarding tickets etc. Hoping that if it doesn’t go ahead, when we get to it the FCO guidelines will be advising against travel so we get a refund on flights. If not 2 of us should be able to claim on insurance.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Not going till October, ever the optimist, hoping everything will be getting back to normal by then and we will be able to go.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Due to go 13th September. Hope I can go but am prepared not to.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

we are due to fly out on the 9th September- cannot see it happening and not sure if its worth cancelling the car yet? Clearly wont get a refund on flights, villa and tickets (all paid for in full) unless the advice from the FO is not to go. All very sad but nothing in comparison to peoples safety

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Going in November, not sure about that one either. Italy in May on the other hand is a complete no go (not been told by TUI yet though!)
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Reckon that even if we are clear the US will still be in big trouble for the rest of the year

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We're booked for the end of Aug into Sep. We have written it off for the following reasons:

1. I work in the medical field, in particular cell imaging used to research such diseases. There is currently no vaccine. Vaccines normally take years and years to go safely to mass public use. Yes they will be looking to fast track a vaccine but they still aren't even at human trial stage. There is no vaccine - thats the scary part. This isolation period is only to slow its rate of spread down to relieve pressure on our amazing NHS

2. This isolation method & herd immunisation method is our only hope until said vaccine is available. This method slows the rate of infection down to help reduce the strain on the NHS and other resources. Once a certain % of the population have had the virus then it should slow its spread down as the number of hosts for it should be reduced as would have already had it and hopefully have an immunity to it. Hopefully being the key word as it may mutate as it already has.

3. From 2 above, once we start reducing the restrictions ie people allowed out more, it will then surge again as it spreads once again to hosts who have not had it, BUT the NHS should not have been strained too badly and will be ready for the next wave.

4. It will still be "lingering" and who knows how long for? Therefore in a few months everything will seem fine but Florida is a hub for multi nations to go to. Every country is different in their approach to fighting this and some countries may still not have been hit as hard as isolated too early so it could still be dormant. Different climates would also be a factor.

5. Trump doesn't seem to be taking this fully serious and his only concern is getting the US of A back working and showing their strength very silly move and i think it will come back to bite him. Just watch their death rate soar over the next few weeks. Sorry to be blunt and frightening but this is a pandemic and very very scary.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List