Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 May 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I merely postulated the question that you might have mixed the two companies up. Thank you for confirming that wasn't the case. Many other people do unfortunately mix them up. For example...

Looking at the link you posted I noticed that in the first post there are many companies listed with links to people's experiences. I notice that "Orlando Attractions" is listed but not "Orlando Attraction Tickets" even though some people have mentioned them here in this thread. Which seems strange. One of the links under "Orlando Attractions" goes to a post entitled "Update from Orlandoattractiontickets" (here). Another link under the same heading goes to a post that says, "OAT - chased via email on 21/4 ..." (here). And there's another link to a post that lists "orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk" (here). There's another post that mentions a £10 admin fee that's probably talking about OAT and not OA as well, even though they say Orlando Attractions. Probably because they mixed up the two companies.

So, although you have not have mixed up the two companies, other people clearly have - including whoever is updating that thread (JustLikeMe?). The link you posted seems to have mixed up both Orlando Attractions and Orlando Attraction Tickets.

Can I just say that Orlando Attractions are charging £10 per person admin fee so they probably are talking about Orlando Attractions.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We brought tickets from 365 tickets and they are refusing to refund or accept any responsibility over this issue. They have said that because Disney have not refunded then they therefore don’t have the money to refund me. They say that they provided us with tickets and that we should take it up with Disney, which of course we did to be told that because they were purchased from a ticket agent it is down to them and not Disney. After multiple emails to then without a Hope of positive outcome, I have had to start a section 75 through my credit card to try and get my money back.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Anybody dealt with Magicaltickets/ Toucan Travel yet? We’ve bought Universal 14 day tickets and one day Seaworld ticket from them. I haven’t tried getting in touch yet as it’s not til August but I looked on their website and there’s nothing about a coronavirus policy on there. Just wondering if anyone has asked for a refund from them and what their response was? Thanks 😊
emmafleur is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Susanjane View Post
Can I just say that Orlando Attractions are charging £10 per person admin fee so they probably are talking about Orlando Attractions.
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, you could be right!

Interesting that they both charge a £10 per person cancellation fee.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Quick update - I received my refund from Orlando Attractions on 20/5. 😁
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Interesting thread this...

Legally where do ticket providers stand with this when Disney, Universal etc. are closed?

They can’t take a % as they’ve not delivered on the contract and we know that ‘Force Majeure’ won’t hold up in court for them. Without a doubt people could get their full amount back by going to the county court (small claims court) Holiday Extra’s recently had to change their stance after a lawyer advised people they would win on the ‘Force Majeure’ argument.

It makes me laugh looking at some of the people on these posts backing up the companies stance. One would think they have accounts set up on here 🤔

I’m not in the same position as some but if a company was trying to take 20% off me then I would certainly be paying £25 to take it to the county court.
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond

As we have been told that we can not a refund at all. Despite it being wrong The ticket companies keeping a %. I would be kind of happy With that to have most of it back, as at the moment I haven’t been offered No money back at all. They are behaving disgraceful over this.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Ok here goes. I booked through whitelabels Hotelopia, it was a link that someone had posted on the tickets forum. Seeing as i had booked hotels before with Hotelopia and everything had been fine, i would risk booking Universal tickets for 9 of us for this October. They didn't send real tickets it was a voucher, had to pick tickets up from Universal . Went on Hotelopia website to cancel and it came up full refund, no cancellation fees to pay, should receive refund in 5 to 20 working days. They have emailed with a cancellation number, so feeling positive i will get a refund. Will keep you updated. If nothing appears on CC in about 6 wks will go down the chargeback route .
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond

I’ve started a charge back. So will wait and see if it works. It seems unfair that holiday extras can’t be treated in the same way as flight, and hotels.
Old 23 May 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
Interesting thread this...

Legally where do ticket providers stand with this when Disney, Universal etc. are closed?

They can’t take a % as they’ve not delivered on the contract and we know that ‘Force Majeure’ won’t hold up in court for them. Without a doubt people could get their full amount back by going to the county court (small claims court) Holiday Extra’s recently had to change their stance after a lawyer advised people they would win on the ‘Force Majeure’ argument.

It makes me laugh looking at some of the people on these posts backing up the companies stance. One would think they have accounts set up on here 🤔

I’m not in the same position as some but if a company was trying to take 20% off me then I would certainly be paying £25 to take it to the county court.
But the ticket providers *have* delivered on their contract. They’ve provided tickets to the theme parks, ones that can be used any time this year (and, in fact, for most of next year too now). That’s all their contract said they had to do.

Their contract was not to guarantee you entry to the parks. Their contract was only to provide valid tickets, which they have done. They are not legally required to provide a refund if, for some reason, you cannot use those tickets.

It is therefore the theme park companies that are potentially not delivering on their contract stated on the Ts&Cs of their tickets. So any disagreement someone might have is with the theme parks, not the ticket providers.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List