Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I expect we will have the same experience then. Due to go 11th July, balance due tomorrow. I was going to wait and see if they sent a reminder - I guess I’ll try and call and see if I can get my deposit back 😭🙈
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

OP - thanks very much for posting this. I’m due to phone them this weekend so it’s good to know what to expect. Sad times ☹️
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

OP, thank you for this post.
Our balance due date was 5th May for our 1st July yacht club stay. I decided not to pay our balance.
After reading this thread I am just off the phone from them. They told me they have moved all balance due dates to 35 days before travel. They laid out my options as: rebook for prior to 3/10/20 to keep DDP etc or rebook for next year with admin fees waived. I then asked if I could have a refund of the deposit which she did immediately. Awesome service as usual as I had almost written off the £250 having not paid the balance.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tigertoots
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
OP, thank you for this post.
Our balance due date was 5th May for our 1st July yacht club stay. I decided not to pay our balance.
After reading this thread I am just off the phone from them. They told me they have moved all balance due dates to 35 days before travel. They laid out my options as: rebook for prior to 3/10/20 to keep DDP etc or rebook for next year with admin fees waived. I then asked if I could have a refund of the deposit which she did immediately. Awesome service as usual as I had almost written off the £250 having not paid the balance.
I'm really glad to hear that as I was feeling bad for any people who might have cancelled by just not paying the balance. I almost did exactly that as the feeling of being on the phone to Disney for something sad like cancelling the holiday almost wasn't worth it for £200..!

Anyway, counting myself really lucky and thinking of everyone seriously affected by coronavirus.
tigertoots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

This sounds hopeful as we want to cancel rather than pay out anymore money. Our balance isn’t due for a couple of weeks yet though so things can change.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tigertoots View Post

I know how you feel (didn't want to hit 'LIKE' on your post!)
I’ve cancelled my dining reservations this morning- all seems final now and feeling a bit depressed tbh

Need to keep reminding myself that there sadly people a lot worse off and get some perspective back in order...
Old 16 May 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Looking to cancel also but not due payment until 13th June. Would like to have option to pay 35 days out. Having trouble getting through to check my options. Are people calling the number ending 0730?
kp789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Looking to cancel also but not due payment until 13th June. Would like to have option to pay 35 days out. Having trouble getting through to check my options. Are people calling the number ending 0730?
That’s the number I used then option 2. It took me 50 mins on hold last night.
The lady suggested to me that all due dates were now 35 days before. I got the email saying payment due in 14 days but no reminders after that.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
That’s the number I used then option 2. It took me 50 mins on hold last night.
The lady suggested to me that all due dates were now 35 days before. I got the email saying payment due in 14 days but no reminders after that.
Thanks. At the moment when I do option 2 and then option 1 it says there are unforseen circumstances and they can't take call. Option 2 then 2 just cuts me off.

Thinking it must be the high call volume at the moment. Will keep trying throughout the weekend. I've also sent email with some questions as well.

Would prefer to move booking to next year as long as I can add free dining assuming they are going to do it at some point.
kp789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all the updates. I will give them a phone later on. My booking is still active, albeit I’ve only paid the deposit and missed the final payment date. We were due to stay at BC on 3rd July! Looking to get my £250 deposit back!
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List