Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It could well be that in years to come, you will refer to your Aug 2020 vacation with great fondness as you braved up to the issues thrown at you, whilst still having a great time.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think it's ever a bad idea to have hope. If we don't have hope, what's the point of life?
I hope you will be visiting my amazing country this summer and when you're here you have a great time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you are crazy, than so am I!
I am being slightly practical in that I’m not committing any more money to the trip at the moment and I’m prepared for the trip to be cancelled ... but I’m not cancelling and I am still hopeful that we will be flying on the 18th July 😀
For the first time ever I wish my countdown would slow down a bit though 😬
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Nope. Not crazy at all. I wish I was still going in July however my flights were cancelled by BA just over a week ago, I was flying late June once schools broke up. Booked obviously before schools were closed .

I had it all planned out and full of surprises. It was a Nana and eldest grandson solo trip. Our first solo trip together where he was going to decide on everything and drag his old Nana around, he was so excited at this. Sadly its not to be. He is 7 so understands why we can't go and knew there was a chance it would not go ahead. We are all booked up as a family to go later in the year anyway but believe me as soon as we get the nod to that we can fly and as long as it doesn't interfere with any school term (he has missed enough), then that solo trip is back on. I am just sad that it won't be soon.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
If you are crazy, than so am I!
I am being slightly practical in that I’m not committing any more money to the trip at the moment and I’m prepared for the trip to be cancelled ... but I’m not cancelling and I am still hopeful that we will be flying on the 18th July 😀
For the first time ever I wish my countdown would slow down a bit though 😬
I know right. We count down from 300 +. When we gone down to 180 we were super excited as we can book dinning. But when we went down to double digit I was like oh no already? Then to my FP day I shud be super excited but I try not to be And as I was booking those FP I still not sure will we make it. Sigh.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

OP not crazy in my eyes, we had our fast pass planning meeting yesterday (can’t get them until 24th June) but we love to be prepared
On the plus side may get all the fast passes we need (again only thing positive “your mind is a magnet”). If we don’t get there at least we’ve enjoyed the planning.
Old 18 May 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

We are flying on 8th July and live in hope! We know it probably won't happen but if it does, we will definitely be going. Willing to put up with the queues and social distancing as long as we get the sun/pool/restaurants/shopping. We were only planning to do a couple of days at Universal but would happily just walk round City Walk right now.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Carol_G View Post
Nope. Not crazy at all. I wish I was still going in July however my flights were cancelled by BA just over a week ago, I was flying late June once schools broke up. Booked obviously before schools were closed .

I had it all planned out and full of surprises. It was a Nana and eldest grandson solo trip. Our first solo trip together where he was going to decide on everything and drag his old Nana around, he was so excited at this. Sadly its not to be. He is 7 so understands why we can't go and knew there was a chance it would not go ahead. We are all booked up as a family to go later in the year anyway but believe me as soon as we get the nod to that we can fly and as long as it doesn't interfere with any school term (he has missed enough), then that solo trip is back on. I am just sad that it won't be soon.
Awww I’m sad. I can so imagine how magical this trip would be for nana n the grandson. Let’s hope
U won’t have to wait long for this trip happens. 😔🥰
Old 18 May 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
We are flying on 8th July and live in hope! We know it probably won't happen but if it does, we will definitely be going. Willing to put up with the queues and social distancing as long as we get the sun/pool/restaurants/shopping. We were only planning to do a couple of days at Universal but would happily just walk round City Walk right now.
Soooo happy to see u r also hoping to go in July. Keep me posted n would love to know u got there safely n having a magical time. Might bump into u there. 😝
I’m also ok with all the restrictions. As long as I get to do some shopping.😂
My sis n I have this theory that reason Disney is allowing cancellation up to end of June is they want to reduce the capacity. So if by July they could operate with 50 % capacity which I’m so ok with as it means less crowded and less waiting times in queues. 😝 And everything would be soooo clean too.
Old 18 May 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
OP not crazy in my eyes, we had our fast pass planning meeting yesterday (can’t get them until 24th June) but we love to be prepared
On the plus side may get all the fast passes we need (again only thing positive “your mind is a magnet”). If we don’t get there at least we’ve enjoyed the planning.
Do prepare urself for FP. I was manage to book what we want and when we wanted. It was great. 😝