Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s been awful. I’m surprised they are still a going to be honest
They have massively let their customers down. Refunds in 45 days, then 90 days, now no timescales whatsoever.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Does make you wonder if the airlines know something we don’t as I had an email from Ryanair yesterday with a whole load of flights to Portugal from 1st July, now I know that Portugal have said we can enter, but FCO advice is all but essential travel! Ryanair probably just trying to get a few uneducated punters, but wonder if they realise they will likely have no valid travel insurance?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
You do wonder why they've made such a big deal about flying out of Heathrow when there's so much confusion over the Gatwick flights and there's no mention of Manchester or Glasgow.
i agree, where is the details for Manchester and Glasgow?!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
That is of course part of the equation, but airlines everywhere are ramping up schedules in anticipation of a resumption of travel, so I wouldn't consider it particularly Machiavellian on Virgin's part.

Every business needs cash right now and is pushing sales, all the airlines I normally fly with are pushing similar "please come and book " messages. I do accept that Virgin's record on refunds during Covid hasn't been the best, it's hard to find the balance between staying afloat and doing the right thing for customers, and they've struggled with that.
I would likely agree with you if they weren't illegally holding thousands of pounds of my cash without even a hint of when I might get it back, and wont communicate in a way that makes any attempt at professionalism or anything that gives me even a shred of confidence that I will get it back.
Sadly I no longer believe anything they say.

Personally, I have made a decision that I will only use them going forward to use up my flyer points.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Again I feel masks are just giving people a false sense of security especially as they will need to be removed numerous times to eat and drink .
Think I’m getting closer to cancelling
I agree. I think the masks do give people a false sense of security. My partner is a nurse and my friend is a Doctor and both have said the majority of people they see in masks might as well not bother because they are either incorrectly fitted or their actions make the mask pointless (e.g. regularly touching face to adjust).
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Don't know why you would feel 100% comfortable with people wearing masks - you are sitting in a metal tube for 9 hours with a lot of other people - you still have to breath, people still have to sneeze and cough etc

Masks on flights are a PR tactic only imho. Plus the press release states "masks must be worn at all times when onboard" - going to make it difficult to eat and drink isn't it.
Because they are breathing, coughing and sneezing into a mask. They are proven to help stop the spread and protect others. They are not a guarantee of course, and they will be removed for meal service, but it adds an extra layer of reassurance. I think a lot of people would be put off flying if VA didn't take that step, perhaps more so with non UK travellers where mask useage seem to be more widespread and understood. A lot of people I know still think people wear them for their own protection.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Does make you wonder if the airlines know something we don’t as I had an email from Ryanair yesterday with a whole load of flights to Portugal from 1st July, now I know that Portugal have said we can enter, but FCO advice is all but essential travel! Ryanair probably just trying to get a few uneducated punters, but wonder if they realise they will likely have no valid travel insurance?
Wouldn't trust Ryanair as far as I could throw them.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

People are going nowhere with regards to the US.

Reasons are our death rates are still far too high. Needs to be below 100 surely.

Trump needs to open the borders and with our current death rate no chance. Other European countries will be allowed before us.

The big one is quarantine. Fully expect some form of quarantine when entering the US.

Being realistic in my thinking!
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
People are going nowhere with regards to the US.

Reasons are our death rates are still far too high. Needs to be below 100 surely.

Trump needs to open the borders and with our current death rate no chance. Other European countries will be allowed before us.

The big one is quarantine. Fully expect some form of quarantine when entering the US.

Being realistic in my thinking!
Money wins!
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I've just tried to book LHR-MCO and it's not available direct on VS yet.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List