Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JANELOU View Post
I spoke to Virgin today and was told our flight was still scheduled for the 21st July from Manchester! What a nightmare!
Didn't they only include LHR when they announced the routes resuming July 20? Reading between the lines it is unlikely Manchester would depart on July 21. I hope they make a statement soon, uncertainty is not fun especially when rumours start swirling around.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've just done a dummy booking for my dates and there is only one seat left on the outbound, but its letting me book it.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173675

We've been talking about this since the beginning of the week.

Edited at 09:05 AM.
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My problem was that if I didn't pay then I would loose the money I had pad already and we had been making over-payments, so they had Ł5015 of our money already.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 09:06 AM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Champions2020
I have Ears

Originally Posted by mrd View Post
Evening all,

I have just spoken with VA fying club to try and book flights for Feb 2021 (MAN - MCO).

The VA rep told me that I am unable to book as VA will not be flying any flights out of manchester until 28th March.

I asked why they had flights showing for prior to that date, and she said that they were showing as available but if I tried to book one the payment would fail as they are are not real.

I then enquired about my current flights, mid August, again MAN-MCO (for which the aircraft was changed last week and I spent an hour re-arranging my seats so that we could sit together as a family as originally booked) - and was told that those flights will be cancelled and I will be informed of this by VA within the next 4 weeks!

Apparently, the only option available for MAN or LGW flights is to fly from LHR instead.

I know there are other threads discussing people on social media mentioning something similar, just wondered if anybody else had heard this direct from VA?

I feel it must be true as they were refusing to take my money for a booking!
I also managed to get through yesterday and was told totally different info. I was told that they have a flight leaving MAN on 20th July and my flight a week later also in the words of the virgin rep " definitely going at the moment". I asked about the Virgin official replies on social media mentioning/referencing August and was just told again that the flight is showing at the moment!
I asked why cant i select me seat had i had previously already reserved seats and was told the seating plan is being re-arranged due to social distancing measures (middle seat not being used) but could change again if social distancing is reduced from 2m to 1m!
I was told to check over the next week as flight schedules will be confirmed... although i though that my flight was just confirmed
Champions2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I've seen on another site someone saying it isnt true as her sister is virgin cabin crew out of Manchester and has just had her job confirmed.
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

The Lodge guys vlog last night, they just booked a return flight from MCO to Manachester in February with Virgin, so they still taking bookings
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If you look at VA’s website they do state LHR departures from July as already stated.
It then says if you are booked to fly from Man, Glasgow, Belfast you will be contacted by 22 June for further information.

I personally think that if VA don’t fly out of those airports they will go under.

They charge a lot more money for tickets on these flights and it would be alienating their customers who like to travel from airports north of London.

I also think that it would have been a waste of time to change flights over from the 747 to Airbus and change some flights if they’re not running at all. Especially as that team could have worked on getting refunds back to people and answer phonelines instead!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is a rumour . Would not believe anything unless official announcement made.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
This is a rumour . Would not believe anything unless official announcement made.
Your right it is a rumour. But it's gaining a lot more credibility 🤷
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List