Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield View Post
Well this is great news! For me at least.

I had August 11th flights in excess of £4200 that we didn't manage to get insurance for.

Thank full now it looks like a refund will be possible, not easy, but at least possible.

Sorry for all those who were planning on going 😭

Anyone know do I just sit tight and wait for an email or should I contact them now in order to facilitate the refund process?
Hi and welcome.

We got an email from VA on Saturday when they cancelled the Glasgow flights.
On the email was a number to ring and another to text. I took the text option. Quoted all my details said didn't want rerouting, rebooking or open ticket. Requested refund. Since then have had a couple of text messages from them saying they will contact to discuss options. Replied to each that I want a refund.

They will use every delaying tactic they can.
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

At least they’re being honest this time about it all depending on restrictions being lifted.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not good but we are hopeful of a cancellation for September trip as we wont be going anyway so maybe a chance of a refund.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Has anyone any info about the virgin flight to jfk from Manchester ? I can’t find anything anywhere ! Maybe it’s time I rang them😢
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
Has anyone any info about the virgin flight to jfk from Manchester ? I can’t find anything anywhere ! Maybe it’s time I rang them😢
Flights resume on 25th October;

Outbound VS127 Depart 16:15 Arrive 20:05
Inbound VS 128 Depart 22:35 Arrive 10:20

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Surely this isn’t going to be good for virgin then since don’t most of their flights go to Orlando?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Whilst I appreciate this is all quite overwhelming for Virgin and Disney, I'm actually pretty annoyed that every seed of information I've had over my trip has come via Dibb or Twitter (initially). Why can't they send us proper firm details as they know it instead of us having to read on blogs and SM and then speculate, it's so bad for their image. All they've done is create chaos. I wake up everyday and an element of my holiday is gone; DDP, pools, park hopping fireworks, water parks, ADRs, hotel and now flight! Like so many others, we want to postpone to next year but obviously still waiting for them to call me back. So instead of having a new date in 2021 to look forward to and being able to book parks under their new system, all we've got is "your 2020 holiday is unaffected" whilst watching 2021 prices go up and up and up.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We had flights booked from Man-JFK which have been cancelled, but this is for 20th October. The return on the 26th hasn’t been cancelled as I think they have only cancelled the summer flights which finish on October 24th I think?

Kat
We have flights to jfk sept 12 th but haven’t heard a thing ! Though it’s disappeared from my booking but I have connecting and a return flight! I hope it is definitely cancelled as I would then get a refund.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
Whilst I appreciate this is all quite overwhelming for Virgin and Disney, I'm actually pretty annoyed that every seed of information I've had over my trip has come via Dibb or Twitter (initially). Why can't they send us proper firm details as they know it instead of us having to read on blogs and SM and then speculate, it's so bad for their image. All they've done is create chaos. I wake up everyday and an element of my holiday is gone; DDP, pools, park hopping fireworks, water parks, ADRs, hotel and now flight! Like so many others, we want to postpone to next year but obviously still waiting for them to call me back. So instead of having a new date in 2021 to look forward to and being able to book parks under their new system, all we've got is "your 2020 holiday is unaffected" whilst watching 2021 prices go up and up and up.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. I feel exactly the same!
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazzaschofield
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Hi and welcome.

We got an email from VA on Saturday when they cancelled the Glasgow flights.
On the email was a number to ring and another to text. I took the text option. Quoted all my details said didn't want rerouting, rebooking or open ticket. Requested refund. Since then have had a couple of text messages from them saying they will contact to discuss options. Replied to each that I want a refund.

They will use every delaying tactic they can.
Hi,

Sorry I didn't introduce myself, I've been lurking in these forums for years so I feel like part of the family even though I've never replied 😁

So it's a sit tight and wait for the email to come through? I've been desperately awaiting some good news that we'd not lost £4000 so I'm eager to jump on their case before they change their mind 😂
Dazzaschofield is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List