Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Aug 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

Waldorf Astoria - anyone stayed here?

Hi, we are looking at staying at the waldorf for our re-arranged trip next year. Has anyone stayed here? we are also looking at the disney dolphin/swan and wondered how the 2 compared?
I dont really know anything about the location of the waldorf and wondered if anyone knew if there was a walmart etc close by, as we wont be hiring a car

Thank you
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Second hand info only- I think I would want a car if staying at the Waldorf Astonia- I have not heard great things about the resort shuttle- It looks like a lovely hotel but for location without a car I'd look at the Swan and Dolphin ( don't forget resort fees)
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I haven’t stayed there, but we went down there to drop off a hire car. We couldn’t get a bus back to Disney springs for a few hours and ended up having to get a taxi.

The hotels in this area are all beautiful, but it’s quite isolated without a car. They have a limited bus service to the parks, and you’d need a taxi to get anywhere else.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
bonnetshuttle/

Looks like the bus to the parks in hourly and to Disney springs it’s only in the evening.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

The Waldorf Astoria is a beautiful resort. We loved it and would return.
Bonnet creek is a lovely area albeit on its own a little. We find it a very convenient location with a car.
We have also stayed at the dolphin which we loved too! The location is superb if you want to access disney offferings.

For elegance I would go for Waldorf.
For location if you like a more disneyfied vacation dolphin.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed next door in the Hilton Bonnet, both lovely hotels but I agree there's nothing nearby. Closet when we were there was Disney springs but we went by car.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Staying next May (fingers crossed) with a Disney view. Not sure it will happen though.
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MacUK View Post
Staying next May (fingers crossed) with a Disney view. Not sure it will happen though.
Me too Mac...It looks amazing, just trying not to think about it until a couple of months beforehand.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List